• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EMERGENCY BACK UP Wake Forest vs #8 Louisville game thread

This team needs to play faster and share the basketball more. We avg 15 asst / gm and have 5 right now. Cut the damn turns, get the offense running through JC and share the rock.

Would be nice if we could actually D up and force a few T/O's for easy buckets, release a bit of the pressure.

Hopefully that was nothing but a rope-a-dope, but why do I feel like we'll be the dopes for thinking this was an easy game?

Need to get it to JC at the elbow instead of the block. Let them double from there and swing it to the wing that is open. They can't cover the passer (from the top) and both wings without leaving the low post. When teams start to throw the immediate double you need to move the post player out about 4-5 feet. It forces the defense to decide between guarding the basket or leaving a wide open shooter.
I would run a down screen from a guard to big and have the guard float to the corner after the screen. Ball screen from dinos on crawford who enters to JC at the elbow. Dinos rolls to basket. Arians plants himself for the corner three. Hi lo to Dinos, JC 15 footer or corner three. See how BC reacts. If they continue to double then they are screwed in that scenario. It might make them hesitate or cause indecision the next time JC gets it.

Last edited:
Well, yeah... but you want me to lay $300 to win $10?

Just saying +1100 seems like good value.

I did nothing.

Ahhhh, I got ya, yeah, I wouldn't touch either of those as the odds are probably "right" but not worth is for Wake to win.

If you bet $100 on BC right now... you'd lose $100.

I accept your concession.

Just an observer here, but Deacvision's argument that luck doesn't play a role in where the ball goes or who ends up with it is one of the dumber things I have seen... Sure, we all know players that hustle more tend to be "lucky"... But sometimes luck - that is, things that are completely out of anyone's conscious control, plays a role.

Just an observer here, but Deacvision's argument that luck doesn't play a role in where the ball goes or who ends up with it is one of the dumber things I have seen... Sure, we all know players that hustle more tend to be "lucky"... But sometimes luck - that is, things that are completely out of anyone's conscious control, plays a role.

You misunderstand my argument then, which isn't your fault, because this has been brought her by phan from the soccer threads.

I appreciate your contribution, however, because what you just typed is very close to what I've been saying.

We better get our butts in gear, a good team would be blowing our doors off right now.

Arians 4-5 from 3. Everyone else 1-6. If I'm BC I'm fine with us depending on Arians to beat them.

Carolina always has that kind of "luck". So does Duke. Coincidence?

We've been having this argument for like five years. It is hugely dumb. But dude is very confident.

i'm telling youins, everytime this thread gets negative wake shits the bed. positive vibes and they run away with it

and by the way, it's tournament time and the acc. every team is going to fight. except for state

BC has 34 shots, we've got 21. Granted we have 23 FT's to their 12.

I always think of fumble recovery as the perfect stat for this. Yes, some people are better or worse at fumbling the ball. But, STUDIES have shown that it's basically a toss-up as to who will recover fumbles. Since you don't run plays (except victory formation/etc) designed to recover fumbles, it all depends on where all of the players are, how the ball comes out, how it bobbles around unpredictably, etc. Even coaches/teams with reputations for swarming to the ball have widely different fumble recovery percentages year to year, for example.

You misunderstand my argument then, which isn't your fault, because this has been brought her by phan from the soccer threads.

I appreciate your contribution, however, because what you just typed is very close to what I've been saying.

*i* brought it here???? Lololol.

Good lord. Winning by 6. Spread for first half was 7? Lots of chicken littles here. I've been a WFU fan forever, and I get it, but this is ridiculous.

Back