• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Emotional Conflict: Postseason Dreams vs. Wanting Bzz fired

Says you. Says me. Wellman thought differently. I agree Odom coached in a (somewhat) different era and his style doesn't really work well anymore, evidenced by what he did at South Carolina after he left. Part of the problem with the [Redacted] plan is it's outdated and very few schools succeed with it. Like a handful, if that. Thinking [Redacted] was the guy to make it work at Wake was a giant stretch.

If the goal was to make Wake successful with 4 year players, then Odom was hardly the template to follow. Never made it past the 2nd round without Rogers or Duncan. Rogers, of course, left Wake after 3 years, and Duncan was an abnormality even for the time in staying for 4.

Bo Ryan is the only coach I know of who has really built a successful program on the back of four year players. Stevens's best two teams had early entry players on them. The team that was supposedly Wellman's inspiration had a sophomore lottery pick.

As confident as I once was that Skip would pull us through and get wins, sadly I have that same confidence now that Bzzz will lead us to more losses.

The worst possible thing for the long term success of our hoops program is for us to make it to postseason. We need a string of crushing defeats when conference season starts and I think [Redacted] is just the man for the job.

So much this. My worst nightmare is Buzz somehow winning enough games to get into the NIT and Wellman declaring that as significant progress and a "historical competitive" level and giving him an extension. I'm convinced that Buzz will never produce a tournament-caliber product at Wake (or anywhere for that matter), so he needs to go ASAP, and the only way that will happen is if we completely crash and burn. #BuzzOut #WellmanOut

The problem is the athletic director. And, until the little asshole is fired, nothing will truly move the needle in the WFU athletic department.

You guys still watch the games?

That's the main reason I despise Wellman and bz. They took something that used to be a huge part of my life and made me not care about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The Care Bears?

Back