• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

End of ACC? Rumors not really swirling about UNC, UVA & GA Tech to Big 10

deaconhoops

Reaction score
Rumors are UNC has been offered by Big 10, with potential for UVA and Ga Tech to also get offers.

I, for one, welcome our new Southern Conference overlords...

UNC and UVA have already turned down the Big 10 once. This is not going to happen especially since the ACC has only solidified after Maryland left.

But the presidents said they weren't leaving. College presidents wouldn't lie would they? Haha

The idea of UNC, UVa, GT, and Duke following Maryland is hilarious.

This is as silly as San Diego St in the Big East. Then sanity returned to SD's AD.

Also what TITSWF said....I bet most of the stuff you read can be traced back to Inside Maryland Sports pay site.

Total crap. ACC basketball is going to rule for decades. Football will improve but won't touch the SEC. It's a wash. The SEC gets the big football dollars but the ACC is going to do fine as long as FSU, Miami and Clemson stay put.

Rumors are UNC has been offered by Big 10, with potential for UVA and Ga Tech to also get offers.

I, for one, welcome our new Southern Conference overlords...

Impossible.............then it wouldn't be the Big 10

40 post rule????

If this happened I wonder if Ron would work his magic and get us into a big conference. He's the best in the biz after all.

Maryland fans probably need to distract themselves after getting destroyed to BC tonight.

With their remaining schedule, they're going to either need to win out or make it to the finals of the ACC tourney (with only one more regular season loss) to have a chance at now making the tourney.

There are 2 schools in the ACC that have not been offered by any other conference. We are in serious danger in the current landscape of football ruling all and we couldn't have picked a worse time to suck ass at everything else.

It's been known that the B1G has coveted these three teams, but I don't think any of the three would leave at this point. Georgia Tech would be the only team, I could see possibly jump if Maryland's exit fee is low. However, if FSU and Clemson jump, then all bets are off and I could see UVA and UNC taking the money. I just don't see much to these rumors at this point and think it's Maryland just trying to create panic.

Who gives a shit? Conferences are dead anyway, man.

clip_charles.jpg

Reactions: Go
Lol UNC owns the ACC. Why would they leave, that's like a CEO becoming a factory worker at a new job.

Total crap. ACC basketball is going to rule for decades. Football will improve but won't touch the SEC. It's a wash.

It's not a wash. First off, football is worth TONS more money than basketball - it's not even comparable. Secondly, if you're one of the ACC schools who cares about football the most and has an instate SEC rival (GT, FSU, Clemson) ... what good does the ACC being good at basketball do for you? For those 3 schools, it's about the same as being great at lacrosse.

I have no desire at all for GT to leave the ACC, and I'm a much bigger basketball fan than most at GT ... but damn, if people from North Carolina can't be stupid about the situation facing the southern part of the league that cares about football.

Back