• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

End of Va Tech Game, Handshake Line

That was worse than I imagined. Perfect camera angle.

I'm being greedy. Anybody got a clip of the final play?

I learned how to record from WatchESPN to capture the handshake (not knowing it was already posted), so i'll be glad to use my new-found skill.

One would think that a coach with such a distinguished track record of losing would have mastered the art of losing with grace.

Nope, yet another thing he fails at as a basketball coach, which is, well, everything.

Last edited:
Darn, didn't realize it was already posted

bz-handshake-l.gif

Embarrassing.

It's almost like there's something on the scoreboard and he doesn't want to see it. Maybe some kind of "VT WINS!" graphic. You can see the guy behind Walt (Chill?) look up at it.

I'm not even sure how to describe his handshakes after that game. I wouldn't describe it as sulking .. and he didn't look mad ... or happy. It was like he literally had no emotion at all. If somehow you could suck every single ounce of any sort of emotion out of someone, that is what it would look like. It was like he was dead but still able to walk and hold his hand out. One of the most bizarre things I have seen. It also makes me think he would be a perfect candidate for one of those guards that is stationed outside of Buckingham Palace. The ones that just keep a straight face all of the time. Perhaps we can trade Bzz to the English for a couple of crates of tea?

Wow, what a total douchebag.

I'm hoping this gets linked to the Fire Bz website soon.

So glad I graduated eight years ago and haven't been to a basketball game since Bzz got here. Maybe it's denial (OK, it definitely is), but in my head, I don't completely accept that this douchebag occupies the same position that Skip once did. Skip epitomized class, and he must be rolling over in his grave after that display by Bzz. When I look back on Wake Forest basketball in 20 years, I'll block Bzz from my memory and instead picture Skip bringing out pizzas or tearfully addressing us in his office when we chanted for him to stay. Fuck Bzz.

I think he knows the exact number of games he has to win to save his job. Losing this game hurt his chance to get there quite a bit.

To point out one good thing - the assistant coaches behind him are completely professional - heads up, eye contact, talking to the VT players. Too bad they have to work under Bzzz.

I'm not even sure how to describe his handshakes after that game. I wouldn't describe it as sulking .. and he didn't look mad ... or happy. It was like he literally had no emotion at all. If somehow you could suck every single ounce of any sort of emotion out of someone, that is what it would look like. It was like he was dead but still able to walk and hold his hand out. One of the most bizarre things I have seen. It also makes me think he would be a perfect candidate for one of those guards that is stationed outside of Buckingham Palace. The ones that just keep a straight face all of the time. Perhaps we can trade Bzz to the English for a couple of crates of tea?

Screw it, I'd take a stale scone and a pint of warm Guinness to wash it down.

This is my first time doing this video capture stuff... Sorry for not including the audio, will know how to next time.

Your video is longer than the one currently on YouTube. Can you put this vid on YouTube and post a link? Thanks!

Back