• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Enough for another year of this crap

Right now, Wellman can make the decision to fire Bzz and save his own skin. If someone has to help him make this decision, both of them could be gone.

Pulling off a Duke stunner and sweeping tobacco road at home will bring him back.

Also, since beating BC would guarantee no worse than .500 (NIT bid) then I think he would come back.

At this point I am afraid his sorry ass is back. I really thought after GT and FSU he was gone, but I am afraid.

this team would have to do much, much more to earn an NIT bid than just beating BC. (like winning out until the ACC Tournament Final..which isn't going to happen)

Any time you can lock up a coach who has won 1 of his last 8 games, you have to do it.

Stupid thread. Hope the other 90 posts are saying the same thing.
Yes, it is a stupid thread but we have a stupid AD. Just saying.

Yes, it is a stupid thread but we have a stupid AD. Just saying.

Right. The person making the objectively indefensible position to retain Jeff [Redacted] for a 5th season is the same person who made the objectively indefensible position to hire Jeff [Redacted] in the first place. As Ph has stated numerous times, as long as it's still RW making the decision, we all have reason to be anxious.

this team would have to do much, much more to earn an NIT bid than just beating BC. (like winning out until the ACC Tournament Final..which isn't going to happen)

NIT requirements are simply a .500 record.

Pulling off a Duke stunner and sweeping tobacco road at home will bring him back.

Also, since beating BC would guarantee no worse than .500 (NIT bid) then I think he would come back.

At this point I am afraid his sorry ass is back. I really thought after GT and FSU he was gone, but I am afraid.

NIT requirements are simply a .500 record.

Teams get in based on prestige. Aside from teams that win their regular season conference title but don't win the tournament or get invited to the NCAA tourney, those teams get into the NIT automatically.

Teams get in based on prestige. Aside from teams that win their regular season conference title but don't win the tournament or get invited to the NCAA tourney, those teams get into the NIT automatically.

http://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/[Redacted].jpg?w=320

Agreed- we'd need to run the table to get to 18 wins (jaybone's fantasy) and then get 2 more wins in the ACCT just to get to 20 wins for any such NIT consideration. Not happening.

We aren't anywhere close to an NIT bid.
1328403952-bzdelikpic.jpg

If you made me choose to either keep Bud-at-Wake or [Redacted], I'd have to begrudgingly choose Bud-at-Wake.

But I wouldn't be happy about it.

It's the equivalent of making me either eat my own shit or eat licorice dipped in my own shit. I'd choose the licorice because there'd be less shit on it than the full shit stick, but I also hate licorice.

Did Clemson just give us another year of BZZZ?

I haven't read any of this thread, Professor Bud. I'm probably showing my age as a "scoreboard era" Deacon, but I don't care if we won all the other games we played this year, to lose to Carolina by 30-something alone ought to be more than enough to get him fired this year. If Bzzz doesn't understand the significance of losing to Carolina by 30+ he is too stupid to coach at Wake.

If he somehow beat Duke...fortunately that's unlikely to happen for the program's sake.

I wouldn't be shocked if we win our last two at home and win a game in the ACC tourney. It's not likely, but still possible. If that happens, it would warrant an NIT bid and Buzz would probably be back. Marshellow study aside, I'd take that scenario since it means we swept Tobacco Road at home.

I haven't read any of this thread, Professor Bud. I'm probably showing my age as a "scoreboard era" Deacon, but I don't care if we won all the other games we played this year, to lose to Carolina by 30-something alone ought to be more than enough to get him fired this year. If Bzzz doesn't understand the significance of losing to Carolina by 30+ he is too stupid to coach at Wake.

This is also true.

I wouldn't be shocked if we win our last two at home and win a game in the ACC tourney. It's not likely, but still possible. If that happens, it would warrant an NIT bid and Buzz would probably be back. Marshellow study aside, I'd take that scenario since it means we swept Tobacco Road at home.

No, that wouldn't even get us in the discussion for an NIT bid. To make the NIT, you have to be close to the NCAA bubble. There are like 4 or 5 ACC teams alone in line in front of us for the NIT.

And we ain't beating Duke. Get real.

Back