• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eric Cantor about to lose his primary

EatLeadCommie

Tommy Elrod
Reaction score
One less dickhead in the GOP. Well, maybe he's being replaced by another dickhead. That's certainly possible. But one less career politician. Well, unless this guy becomes one.

Dave Brat is the name of the Tea Party candidate who beat him. Sometimes the jokes write themselves.

The death of legislative immigration reform before the midterms.

Any GOP member or hispanic who thinks this is good for Congressional movement on immigration reform before the year is out is lying which has always been the case but now it becomes harder for the pro immigration advocates to even convince themselves.

Cue the outrage in a month or so when Obama acts unilaterally.

It's official.

This is an incredible indictment of the Republican Party that the House Majority Leader, who is pretty conservative himself, was ousted by an unknown Tea Partier. Just comedic. I don't know how anybody can vote for most of the people with an R next to their name.

So the Republicans are never going to get more than 10-15% of the Latino vote again.

You guys pulling against Cantor realize that he lost to somebody who is absurdly conservative right?

I mean I don't like the guy but how are people happy about this result? A ranking member of the GOP wants immigration reform and loses to a no-namer, self-identified Tea Partier.

Cantor sucks, but the dick head tea-partier replacing him is even further right. The cheap proliferation of social media is just serving to politicize a population who, before facebook and cellphones, wouldn't have paid attention. Thank God we've got thousands of ignorant angry pubs solely informed by facebook shares. Fucking "War on Christmas" Duck Dynasty Republicans.

You guys pulling against Cantor realize that he lost to somebody who is absurdly conservative right?

I mean I don't like the guy but how are people happy about this result? A ranking member of the GOP wants immigration reform and loses to a no-namer, self-identified Tea Partier.

And in a few months you can call him Congressman. We need more of these career pol douchebags on both sides of the aisle to get ousted.

Looks like Obama's decision to dump illegal kids at the border backfired.

Cantor sucks, but the dick head tea-partier replacing him is even further right. The cheap proliferation of social media is just serving to politicize a population who, before facebook and cellphones, wouldn't have paid attention. Thank God we've got thousands of ignorant angry pubs solely informed by facebook shares. Fucking "War on Christmas" Duck Dynasty Republicans.

This and this.

Cantor has a bit of guilt-by-association here since he and Boehner are both viewed as peas in the same pod, perhaps a bit unfairly. Would rather see Boehner eat a big bag of dicks than Cantor, but one or both is fine by me.

The professor only spent $200K on the race to beat Cantor and his millions. Score one for the little guys.

"We need career politicians out so electing the blue teletubby who only spent 200k is a big win for Americans!"

this is too good:

It is easy to sit in the rarified environs of academia in the ivory towers of a college campus with no accountability and no consequence ... when you throw stones at those of us who are working every day to make a difference.

numbers, I think you're missing a key factor here. Cantor doesn't just suck as a conservative. He doesn't just suck as a leading House Republican. Cantor sucks as a person.

This. The Republican Party is cannibalizing itself. It is rapidly becoming a political party that is no longer capable of winning a national election, given current and future demographic trends. It remains to be seen if that, in the long run, will be a good thing for the country....but I tend to doubt that it will be.

Wow. I actually agree with BKF.

Back