• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN: Coaches at a crossroads

Eamonn comes through again. Yes.

Anyone in summer school? Anyone here on campus? Print this fucker out on 11x17, full goddamned color, and superglue it to the goddamned AD doors and Reynolda. When the fuck are they going to get it? Son of a bitch, Wellman: do you not see this is a national beat writer on what's probably the most visited sport site on the planet calling you impotent as an AD and your coach a fucking waste of blood. Is this just not getting the fuck through?

Jeff is going to be at the top of soooo many of these "hot seat lists". All this just screams LAME DUCK. We need to move on because this wound will never heal until he leaves.

Ah. Wellman would be better off, but we'd all be much worse off.

Eh, you could argue [Redacted] basically did nothing the first year - wins or recruiting wise - so not sure how different things would be.

How could we be worse off anyway? Zero ACC road wins? First winless season in history? First team to ever unanimously decide to get everyone in the team bus and pull a Thelma & Louise off a cliff?

Anyone in summer school? Anyone here on campus? Print this fucker out on 11x17, full goddamned color, and superglue it to the goddamned AD doors and Reynolda. When the fuck are they going to get it? Son of a bitch, Wellman: do you not see this is a national beat writer on what's probably the most visited sport site on the planet calling you impotent as an AD and your coach a fucking waste of blood. Is this just not getting the fuck through?

I believe someone here got in trouble for doing something similar a few months ago. That's around when Bz met with the WF police and mentioned not feeling safe.

Great article by Brennan. He definitely catapulted Bilas as the board's favorite sports media personality with this article that just nails it.

Brennan made Bzz seem like a hapless victim which is not the case otherwise well done.

The abuse Bill Self and the Jayhawks will unleash on us at Atlantis may become epic thanks to our dumbass AD pulling the culture card with the reprimand.

Maybe we'll get very lucky and not play Kansas the entire trip.

[Redacted], meanwhile, seems (at least from the outside) like a perfectly nice, reserved guy who had no idea what he was getting into in the first place. Now he's a local villain. How insane is that?

VERY insane and not 100% fair at all given the personnel mess he inherited.

We've gone so far down the rabbit hole it is hardly inconceivable to think fans would be cheering against their own team, paranoid that Wake brass will use any excuse to forge ahead.

Indeed....some here have already embarked on the 'take no prisoners' plan.

The abuse Bill Self and the Jayhawks will unleash on us at Atlantis may become epic thanks to our dumbass AD pulling the culture card with the reprimand.

Or, we win and Buzz is named coach for life. Seriously, it's never been this bad to be a Wake fan. RIP Skip. We had no idea how lucky we were. (and I hope they don't play broadcast our games in heaven. )

I think they're our opening game. That's what people have posted here.

Speaking of, that bracket should be out within the next week or so.

Why is it that everyone thinks we're playing Kansas? I haven't seen anything on it anywhere. Of course that doesn't mean we aren't playing them but I don't see why Kansas is anymore likely than anyone else in the tournament. If they seed the tournament like the one we were in last year did (roughly by KenPom - yes brace yourselves KenPom is coming) then the teams would be seeded accordingly:

1. Kansas
2. Iowa
3. Villanova
4. Xavier
5. Tennessee
6. Southern Cal
7. UTEP
8. Wake Forest

And yes, it's sad that not only are we 8th in an 8 team tournament, we are worse than UTEP and a USC team who has two of our former players.

Transitioning previous coaches players is part of the job and not something that [Redacted] seems very good at considering CU and Wake. Probably pretty easy to do at AF.

Speaking of, that bracket should be out within the next week or so.

Why is it that everyone thinks we're playing Kansas? I haven't seen anything on it anywhere. Of course that doesn't mean we aren't playing them but I don't see why Kansas is anymore likely than anyone else in the tournament. If they seed the tournament like the one we were in last year did (roughly by KenPom - yes brace yourselves KenPom is coming) then the teams would be seeded accordingly:

1. Kansas
2. Iowa
3. Villanova
4. Xavier
5. Tennessee
6. Southern Cal
7. UTEP
8. Wake Forest

And yes, it's sad that not only are we 8th in an 8 team tournament, we are worse than UTEP and a USC team who has two of our former players.

Haven't a few people posted rumors that KU would be our 1st round matchup?

I'd actually like to play Kansas more than anyone else. Didn't we play UTEP in that tournament in Anaheim that gave us the RJ clip? Isn't that the game where AFA put his nuts in some dude's face? I don't really want to play Iowa since we've played them recently, we're unlikely to be on the same side of the bracket as Xavier since I think we're playing them next year and have played them a lot lately, and Southern Cal is just kind of a meh game.

My hope is that it's Kansas-Wake, we lose and play the loser of Villanova-Southern Cal (with a chance to play JTT and Ari or Tony), and then we lose and play the loser of the four team pod that is UTEP-Iowa-Tennessee-Xavier (most likely to be UTEP).

A three game set with Kansas, Villanova, and UTEP isn't a bad trip.

Haven't a few people posted rumors that KU would be our 1st round matchup?

They have, which is why I asked "why is it that everyone thinks we're playing Kansas?" There hasn't been any information released about the tournament at all aside from announcing the teams.

Back