• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN what are you doing?

MACdeac

Reaction score
Hour and a half special at 8pm on espn about a transgender tennis player? I'm not trying to debate whether it's right or wrong, but keep that mess to yourself and off of a sports channel. Geez

Hour and a half special at 8pm on espn about a transgender tennis player? I'm not trying to debate whether it's right or wrong, but keep that mess to yourself and off of a sports channel. Geez

Obvious bigot is obvious.

Wow...people are extremely intolerant. It is relevant to ESPN because it is a documentary about a sports player.

You people are so sensitive. I'm not a bigot or intolerant of what a person chooses to do with their life. I would just rather watch something more relevant to sports. Yes, it's about one athlete, but be honest how relevant is this story to sports now? Is their some major movement to discriminate against all the thousands of transgender people trying to play professional sports now??

Just stating an opinion that I doubt their is a large audience for this type of documentary on ESPN, and it would be more fitting to put it on nat geo or something.

You people are so sensitive. I'm not a biggot or intolerant of what a person chooses to do with their life. I would just rather watch something more relevant to sports. Yes, it's about one athlete, but be honest how relevant is this story to sports now? Is their some major movement to discriminate against all the thousands of transgender people trying to play professional sports now??

Just stating an opinion that I doubt their is a large audience for this type of documentary on ESPN, and it would be more fitting to put it on nat geo or something.

How is the Steve Bartman interference relevant to sports? It has no effect now instead of that year did it? The 30 for 30 is about capturing documentaries in all domains and areas of sports. This certainly falls right into the trend I believe.

ETA: It also has a bit to do with the tone that you brought ("that mess") in the OP.

I'm not watching it, but it sounded interesting. Without knowing a single fact or a bit of science, I was troubled by him/her playing in women's tennis. Wouldn't Renee still have a huge physical advantage? Years of having bigger muscles couldn't be undone with an operation.

Anyway, I'll concede my ignorance on this topic and let wakebb weigh in here.

What sports would you rather espn show tonight? They don't have the MLB playoffs and cbb hasn't started yet.

I'm not watching it, but it sounded interesting. Without knowing a single fact or a bit of science, I was troubled by him/her playing in women's tennis. Wouldn't Renee still have a huge physical advantage? Years of having bigger muscles couldn't be undone with an operation.

Anyway, I'll concede my ignorance on this topic and let wakebb weigh in here.

This is why there's a documentary. Because it raises a ton of intellectual, philosophical, or moral questions. It's a very interesting topic for subject matter, for which they have also taken on racism, physical handicap, and a ton of other social matters in this series.

The OP pulls out the typical keeper recoil that people who disagree with his bigotry are intolerant. I won't resort to more namecalling and continue down the "dumb" path, but at the least, I will say he is correctly going to be in the minority for the remainder of this thread.

You know there's other channels besides ESPN right? I feel like you can solve this problem for yourself pretty easily.

This is why there's a documentary. Because it raises a ton of intellectual, philosophical, or moral questions. It's a very interesting topic for subject matter, for which they have also taken on racism, physical handicap, and a ton of other social matters in this series.

The OP pulls out the typical keeper recoil that people who disagree with his bigotry are intolerant. I won't resort to more namecalling and continue down the "dumb" path, but at the least, I will say he is correctly going to be in the minority for the remainder of this thread.

Alright. Sold. I'll DVR it.

Well said Townie.

I remember watching the "Two Escobars" on a JetBlue flight on ESPN through their streaming video... of course we landed before it ended, but I was hooked and found it on the web... love me the 30 for 30... good stuff b/c it is relevant to a much larger audience

Why stop there, why not stick it on Animal Planet? :rolleyes:

They also don't really take a side in the film. It's pretty fucking melancholy if you actually watch it. Whatever though, man, stick to your guns. The lady used to have a dick, so get her the fuck off ESPN.

I don't find it offensive that they are showing it, but I also have no desire to watch it.

I am more offended they are doing a second ESPN films on women's tennis. Evert/Navratalova was awful.

Back