• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

It was a perfect tweet, Townie.

Not sure the president quoting a police chief from the 60s who helped spark a three day race riot resulting in double digit deaths is great leadership.

The Chief of Police for the racist and white supremacist police force of Minneapolis:

EZLnZxxWsAcVOi_

Can’t imagine how anyone (cop or otherwise) would believe in light of the riots’ cause that it was a good idea to arrest a black national reporter on live tv who is covering the scene.

Yeah there are a lot of arguments between people and groups on this board but its pretty much unanimous that Brad and Reff are two really really stupid people.

It’s strange that white police officers never killed unarmed black men before smart phones were invented.

I mean, to Brad's point, liberal politics aren't the be all-end all of stopping police violence. Minneapolis has some of the most advanced police training in the country, programs specifically targeted to reduce police violence. Klobuchar, Minneapolis, and Minnesota generally are perfect examples of the limitations of neoliberal ideology.

I guess the Native American non-profit office that had been in Minneapolis for forty years deserved to be burned.

MDMH, what nonviolent means do you suggest that don’t involve electing people who seek police reform?

The power of local police is set at the state level, but it also has its roots in national legislation, so the responsibility for our current police state lays in many levels of government. It's a incorrect to frame this as a partisan issue when Democrats helped install the system, and currently uphold this system. To force real change, Democrats will have to elect progressive change agents all over the board - people like Larry Krasner, Chesa Boudin are the first two examples that come to mind. Its going to require *extreme* candidates who are willing to make waves.

Can’t imagine how anyone (cop or otherwise) would believe in light of the riots’ cause that it was a good idea to arrest a black national reporter on live tv who is covering the scene.

Wasn't the entire crew arrested? I understand it fits the narrative for many on this board to have a black national reporter singled out and arrested while the white cameramen were free to continue filming but don't believe this was the case.

Several of you have used MLK's comment about riots erroneously to say he supported or condoned rioting. All he did was describe what rioting is. Anyone who says MLK condoned, supported or used riots is ignorant of who he was, what he supported or what he believed.

You are flat out wrong! And couldn't be more wrong.

Let me say as I've always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. ... But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. [Martin Luther King Jr., "The Other America"]

Several of you have used MLK's comment about riots erroneously to say he supported or condoned rioting. All he did was describe what rioting is. Anyone who says MLK condoned, supported or used riots is ignorant of who he was, what he supported or what he believed.

You are flat out wrong! And couldn't be more wrong.

Jesus RJ. Shut the fuck up.

Back