• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Every plea for help has been met with violence. There is nothing black people or any minority group can do to fix racism in this country. It is on white people to change.

Let's start by nominating Kamala Harris

Or Joe Biden, or Pete Buttigieg, or Amy Klobuchar...

Labeling electoral politics as non-violent protest or non-violent change (revolution?) is one of the biggest stretches I think I have ever seen made on this board.

no, he's testing out some other equipment

Brad is a perfect foil for the tunnels liberals, who have utterly no frame of reference but opposition politics.

Every plea for help has been met with violence. There is nothing black people or any minority group can do to fix racism in this country. It is on white people to change.

Or Joe Biden, or Pete Buttigieg, or Amy Klobuchar...

Labeling electoral politics as non-violent protest or non-violent change (revolution?) is one of the biggest stretches I think I have ever seen made on this board.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Me: "It is on white people to change."

White guys: *take usual shots at candidates they don't like*

i was riffing on the argument rj is making in the presidential thread about a white guy absolving himself of responsibility by nominating a black woman to keep him in check

but i need to sit a few plays out anyway

i'm gonna go for a jog later, something i do 5 times a week without a second thought for my personal safety

The cop who had his knee on the throat of Floyd has been taken into custody. Charges have not been announced.

i was riffing on the argument rj is making in the presidential thread about a white guy absolving himself of responsibility by nominating a black woman to keep him in check

but i need to sit a few plays out anyway

i'm gonna go for a jog later, something i do 5 times a week without a second thought for my personal safety

I NEVER HAVE and NEVER WOULD say anything like that. This is total BULLSHIT. It's a LIE and totally insane.

It's INSANE to extrapolate my comments to mean "keeping him in check". I NEVER said anything close to that.

You couldn't be wrong!

If you weren't making like 25 different arguments, some of which you are actually arguing against yourself on multiple threads, then it would be easier to have conversations with you. I'll try again, though.

It's on white people to change - absolutely, but, beyond platitudes, what does that mean? Probably more solidarity organizing and continued work to mitigate institutional racism in process and outcome. It probably also means not supporting candidates whose political careers include doing a lot of intentional or accidental damage to poor communities of color. In particular, not supporting prosecutors as politicians and mass incarceration architects would go a long way in terms of cleansing politics of perspectives on policing (not to mention the thin blue line) that are extremely detrimental to communities of color. Not supporting candidates that have had contentious relationships with communities of color in their constituencies also might be a good idea for white people. Listening to voices of POC communities and activist/advocacy groups before making decisions such as nominations, announcing endorsements, etc. would also go a long way to lifting up these communities.

Back