• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Several city council members of Minneapolis are looking into disbanding police and replacing with public safety alternatives

Seems to me the smart move if you're "in charge" would be to acknowledge the right and rightfulness of demonstrating/protesting. JOIN in, actually. Whilst imploring folks to keep it peaceful and non-violent. And talk and lot about what can be done to address the legitimate concerns of those protesting. And take concrete steps towards those ends as quickly as possible. And figure out ways to incorporate protest leaders in further efforts to implement change.

And this is exactly what other presidents have done, including Nixon. Trump hid in his bunker and then had his storm troopers gas a peaceful protest so he could march out and take a photo. NO president has ever acted that way.

Palma you're smarter than this. It is not liberal or conservative. Its self-interest.

If the looting goes unchecked who benefits in the end? Maybe not tomorrow, but in the next year or two? Think about it. Who gets more money/support/etc?

Do you really think the LAPD gives a flying fuck about small business owners?

LAPD is doing what the elected officials of Los Angeles want them to do. This isn't a rural wasteland.

LAPD is doing what the elected officials of Los Angeles want them to do. This isn't a rural wasteland.

The mayor of NYC has come out and admitted he has little to no control of his police force, what makes you think LA is different?

Several city council members of Minneapolis are looking into disbanding police and replacing with public safety alternatives

About goddamn time. Radical problems call for radical solutions. I saw the schools already canceled their contracts with MPD. Let’s go.

and Palma, if you haven't seen the video of the prone protestors being teargassed, it's should be pretty easy for you to find, since there are only 15-20 videos to search through.

Yes, most of them are with the sun going down when curfew is in place. And curfews aren't dumb when there's rioting going on.

I sincerely want to be reasonable here, but I'm not going to respond anymore to anyone using the false premise "what else could be done with looters". At this point, if you're still excusing every police action as a tactical response to looters, then you just aren't being honest. I haven't seen anyone here advocate for looting, or advocate that looting shouldn't be policed, so that strawman needs to die.

Who is excusing all police responses? Talk about a straw man.

But at least MDMH is trying to be honest about his feelings. It's a lesson for townie.

Last edited:
Palma is gonna be freaking the fuck out when we seize the means of production.

Seems to me the smart move if you're "in charge" would be to acknowledge the right and rightfulness of demonstrating/protesting. JOIN in, actually. Whilst imploring folks to keep it peaceful and non-violent. And talk and lot about what can be done to address the legitimate concerns of those protesting. And take concrete steps towards those ends as quickly as possible. And figure out ways to incorporate protest leaders in further efforts to implement change.

Mayor of Los Angeles is doing that every day. They still protested outside his house last night. He's like the most liberal guy ever. Many of these people are just bored and need to go home.

I sincerely want to be reasonable here, but I'm not going to respond anymore to anyone using the false premise "what else could be done with looters". At this point, if you're still excusing every police action as a tactical response to looters, then you just aren't being honest. I haven't seen anyone here advocate for looting, or advocate that looting shouldn't be policed, so that strawman needs to die.

No one's condoning every police action here. But plenty of people seem to think we shouldn't try and break up the protests at all during mass rioting. Liberalism at its worst.

No one's condoning every police action here. But plenty of people seem to think we shouldn't try and break up the protests at all during mass rioting. Liberalism at its worst.

It seems like the looting in LA is fairly concentrated in a few areas whereas the majority of police attention is being devoted to monitoring largely peaceful protests and then brutalizing the protesters. You don't see how the two are related? My hunch is that the police will let the looters loot to their heart's content now that activists are targeting the hefty raise that the mayor/city council gave the LAPD in its latest budget. You have to justify getting 54% of the budget of a tax income starved city.

quibbling with my usage of "every" doesn't misdirect from your obstinance. You far exceeded the reasonable allotment of "yes, but"s in response to examples of police abuses

It seems like the looting in LA is fairly concentrated in a few areas whereas the majority of police attention is being devoted to monitoring largely peaceful protests and then brutalizing the protesters. You don't see how the two are related? My hunch is that the police will let the looters loot to their heart's content now that activists are targeting the hefty raise that the mayor/city council gave the LAPD in its latest budget. You have to justify getting 54% of the budget of a tax income starved city.

None of these videos people are posting of brutality appear to be from LA. That's why this is dumb, they're just rioting everywhere irregardless of whether their city has a problem or not. And the looting isn't concentrated at all. They've gotten the Grove, Melrose, Rodeo Drive, Long Beach, Van Nuys, Downtown, the Beverly Center and 3rd street promenade. It's basically every shopping district in the entire city. Living in downtown, I can hourly hear the cops changing directions.

We had people out after curfew last night that broke into an apartment complex and went to the roof to start throwing things down at the cops. The cops did arrest the people violating curfew, but they didn't arrest any of the people who broke into the apartment complex because they "weren't outside" So when they finally went into the complex to get them out they just let them go. It's ridiculous.

When I watch this, none of this appears "fairly concentrated" And long beach was about 5x worse than this.

lol rich white dude just has absolutely 0 sense of what solidarity is

Back