• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Okay Malcolm Jenkins

Hopefully the protesters referred all questions from the FBI to the resident social scientist on ogboards.com as everyone knows Antifa doesn't exist... it's only a 'conservative boogeyman'.

Regarding the Drew Brees comments, don't you think that working to give him a little deeper understanding of the Kaep protest and the current protest is more important than trying to flush him down a toilet ? He's a 40-year old white guy who has spent the last 25 years working with, and gaining the trust of, black people. Maybe they should cut him some slack and realize that there are only a hundred million plus Americans who feel the same way, many of whom have minds open enough to show some empathy.

Do we think since the Kaepernick kneeling started that no one has ever explained to Brees that the kneeling is not intended nor needs to be interpreted as being disrespectful to the flag (or the US). That's is a call for us to be and do better, to honor the principles we claim to stand for and live by but fall short of?

No one?

Regarding the Drew Brees comments, don't you think that working to give him a little deeper understanding of the Kaep protest and the current protest is more important than trying to flush him down a toilet ? He's a 40-year old white guy who has spent the last 25 years working with, and gaining the trust of, black people. Maybe they should cut him some slack and realize that there are only a hundred million plus Americans who feel the same way, many of whom have minds open enough to show some empathy.

This is a joke, right? Everybody who doesn’t understand why Kaep and others kneeled isn’t all of a sudden going to get it if they haven’t gotten it now. Anybody who thinks a flag is more important than people doesn’t have an open mind.

Nice little earthquake is happening now...wonder if it's up in LA.

Is this serious?

I gotta say, Chris Cuomo is growing on me. His coverage of the protests the past few nights, alongside Don Lemon, has been heartening.

Looks like that trust of 25 years is gone so....nah

I don't know if it's lying or just the speed at which disinformation circulates these days. It's possible somebody observed civilian cars dropping off bricks, but I think it's more likely that somebody heard about it and is conflating hearsay with direct observation. Just my two cents, though, since I don't really have access to any information relevant to make an assessment like that.

What do you think? I'm sorry if I mischaracterized you in earlier posts. Thanks for engaging on this.

This is the first leaked FBI report that I've ever seen, so I don't know how much rumor and speculation they put in them from what they consider to be reputable sources. I'm sensing that they leave a lot of the "fact or fiction" to the local authorities and take them at face value. However, common sense also says that large cities are going to have lots of constant construction and thus lots of building supplies just laying around. I think it's possible, but not probable. It would probably take video evidence to convince me that it was done nefariously.

The NYT staff losing their ever-loving shit over this op-ed on twitter today was a wild ride. The rest of twitter will drown this out when Bret Stephens unleashes his take quake.

The dumbest part of Trump/Cotton’s plan is using American troops to suppress Americans, not conquer them. If things got violent you know what would happen to the families of these Americans troops? Not good things.

Smart authoritarians go all in and quash all resistance ASAP, not half ass it like Trump or Cotton would inevitably do.

He hasn't thought far enough beyond "what happens if we can't scare them away."

I’m ok if we cancel Drew Brees

That Mole on his face is filled with PREJUDICE.

Back