• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

I gotta say, Chris Cuomo is growing on me. His coverage of the protests the past few nights, alongside Don Lemon, has been heartening.

I lost respect for him when he did the video coming out of the basement as if he had been there during his entire COVID journey even though he was caught out and about at his other house in the Hamptons during his infection.

I gotta say, Chris Cuomo is growing on me. His coverage of the protests the past few nights, alongside Don Lemon, has been heartening.

I only started watching Cuomo (or any nightly news really) 2.5 months ago. I thought his COVID coverage was good, even the interviews with his brother. The coverage of the protests is kind of cringeworthy and it wasn't until now that I realized why. His handoff to Lemon at 10:00 reeks of a white guy trying to show how woke he is to impress his black friend.

This letter right here does not play.

Seemingly within hours of asking, LA mayor takes $150 mil from the budget of the LAPD and re-allocates it to the black community, to be disbursed immediately. Guess I'm wrong, looting seems to be a pretty damn smart thing to do.

Is someone making a comprehensive database of these police abuses? Seems like something worth compliling-that Verge article scratched the surface, but that was days ago.

Arthur T. Read13 minutes ago
You can spend $100M on a new cool library in Watts or Inglewood. The problem is it will be trashed in weeks, none of the books will be used, and the only reason people will go will be to borrow DVDs of films such as "Friday after the Next" and "Soul Plane" or something by Tyler Perry and of course they'll visit to use the internet. Why not just spent a couple million to make high speed internet free to anyone on government assistance programs and the rest, the majority, can go back to where actual return on investment will be gained, that's policing. $1 in policing now saves $10 in business property loss and prison system spending.

Arthur T. Read13 minutes ago
You can spend $100M on a new cool library in Watts or Inglewood. The problem is it will be trashed in weeks, none of the books will be used, and the only reason people will go will be to borrow DVDs of films such as "Friday after the Next" and "Soul Plane" or something by Tyler Perry and of course they'll visit to use the internet. Why not just spent a couple million to make high speed internet free to anyone on government assistance programs and the rest, the majority, can go back to where actual return on investment will be gained, that's policing. $1 in policing now saves $10 in business property loss and prison system spending.

Why are you sharing this trash? Have you just gone full fucking fash?

Back