• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

He’s addressing the team at 9. If he lied about this I don’t see how he can stay. Nobody would trust him. Recruiting would be a total nightmare.

Huh. Who would have thought that the Democrats who control the major cities have the ability to control the budgets, militarization, and direction of the police forces in those cities? Amazing concept.

Agreed! Progress isn't all diversity and inclusion statements and identity politics.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I guess the rioters in Greece didn't consider how they're actions might create more American conservative voters

Plama exploring some of the underlying causes for why people feel uncomfortable around people of different ethnicities and backgrounds is a useful exercise. I was up at 3am today mulling over exactly that - whether I would feel differently watching a group of black or white teenagers walking towards me, and WHY I would feel differently. Simply telling ourselves "what to do" in that situation so that we don't come off as racist is different from understanding why we feel a certain way, and acting to explore and change that feeling permanently.

I appreciate Palma laying out his feelings, but the "we don't like loud people" take was pretty brutal. Our current president got elected by being a loud, pugnacious bully.

Now do older white folk feel uncomfortable when minorities speak loudly? Yes. Which is a vestige of the segregation and slavery, and something that we no longer should tolerate. Its textbook white supremacy.

Given that Cotton's editorial pretty much fits three of those categories already (bigots, terror-sympathizers, and an authoritarian clown as POTUS) it would seem that AG's tweet is off-target. At any rate, I have yet to see many conservatives defend what Cotton actually wrote, as opposed to just criticizing his critics. Typical.

Isn’t his op-Ed literally about killing people who don’t comply?

He tweeted earlier about giving "no quarter" to protesters. Then he (rightfully) got called out for it. He backtracked and said "no quarter" means give them a hard time/don't be nice/be harsh. Sure thing buddy, a former infantry officer and Army Ranger doesn't know what "no quarter" means. And for those who don't know what it means, it means kill everyone on the opposing side in a battle, even after they have surrendered.

He tweeted earlier about giving "no quarter" to protesters. Then he (rightfully) got called out for it. He backtracked and said "no quarter" means give them a hard time/don't be nice/be harsh. Sure thing buddy, a former infantry officer and Army Ranger doesn't know what "no quarter" means. And for those who don't know what it means, it means kill everyone on the opposing side in a battle, even after they have surrendered.

good song, tho

Back