• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

A24481.jpg

What in the good hell man. Fascism blatantly on display in Portland.

At this point, why would anyone pay large amounts of money to live in cities right now?

There is nothing open that provides social value anymore, and you are just sitting on top of social unrest and crazyness. Hard pass.

Glad i GTFO a couple years ago. Smart.

What in the good hell man. Fascism blatantly on display in Portland.

"we're here simply to protect the Federal buildings"

Keep in mind this is happening in an election year. Republicans think this will help them win. Imagine how bad this will be if they do win? Are they coming for your city next?

just had an older lady tell me:

COVID is fake
Trump is sending out more stimulus checks this week
it's a goddamned shame that those liberal dem governors won't allow trump to send in the military to crush the protesters

At this point, why would anyone pay large amounts of money to live in cities right now?

There is nothing open that provides social value anymore, and you are just sitting on top of social unrest and crazyness. Hard pass.

Glad i GTFO a couple years ago. Smart.

da fuq?

I mean, to each their own and plenty of people want to live a suburban/rural lifestyle. fine. But the fact that amenities are closed is clearly very temporary, and the comment about "social unrest and craziness" is, at best, ill informed.

There are hundreds of cities in America. A minority of them had large scale protests. A minority of that minority had any significant violence associated with those protests. It all ended in two weeks, except for about 5-10 cities that still have some ongoing protests like Portland, NYC (which broke up the camp last night though), a few others. In those cities, a couple of city blocks are impacted, for everyone else in the city it's business as usual.

This narrative that "cities" are all hot beds of violent lawlessness is just a Trumpian talking point meant to scare suburban rubes into going along with his pseudo-authoritarian bullshit.

just had an older lady tell me:

COVID is fake
Trump is sending out more stimulus checks this week
it's a goddamned shame that those liberal dem governors won't allow trump to send in the military to crush the protesters

Where are you going to have rando convo's with elderly women?

But fuck it, when she gets the Vid it's all over anyways. night night.

da fuq?

I mean, to each their own and plenty of people want to live a suburban/rural lifestyle. fine. But the fact that amenities are closed is clearly very temporary, and the comment about "social unrest and craziness" is, at best, ill informed.

There are hundreds of cities in America. A minority of them had large scale protests. A minority of that minority had any significant violence associated with those protests. It all ended in two weeks, except for about 5-10 cities that still have some ongoing protests like Portland, NYC (which broke up the camp last night though), a few others. In those cities, a couple of city blocks are impacted, for everyone else in the city it's business as usual.

This narrative that "cities" are all hot beds of violent lawlessness is just a Trumpian talking point meant to scare suburban rubes into going along with his pseudo-authoritarian bullshit.

Temporary but for the next few years most likely. Last time i checked we have a little election in November, I don't see the unrest getting better.

Dude even downtown Austin is a post apocalyptic hell hole. Homeless everywhere camping in the streets, shattered glass and boarded windows everywhere... Nah I'm good on a 3000 a month to live in a breadbox down there.

Was just visiting a chick who live on Capital Hill in Seattle, a couple blocks from the chop.

4000 a month apartment, 500sgFT. Around nothing but HIV needles and filth. Fuck that bro, it's not a narrative.

Again, it is not smart to generalize all American cities based on a few blocks in Seattle and Austin (that's exactly what Trump wants you to do).

Was just visiting a chick who live on Capital Hill in Seattle, a couple blocks from the chop.

4000 a month apartment, 500sgFT. Around nothing but HIV needles and filth. Fuck that bro, it's not a narrative.

don't worry the free market has determined that the price is rational

I miss living in a city. Winston is hella boring during a quarantine. At least living in a city I could walk around and see cool shit.

I miss living in a city. Winston is hella boring during a quarantine. At least living in a city I could walk around and see cool shit.

Winston is hella boring in the best of times. Let me clarify, I like being near the city and enjoy alot it has to offer. I just don't think the price of living justifies what you get out of it anymore to live downtown, downtown.

Winston is hella boring in the best of times. Let me clarify, I like being near the city and enjoy alot it has to offer. I just don't think the price of living justifies what you get out of it anymore to live downtown, downtown.

Well yeah, but it was never worth it. Dude I lived on Manor and paid $800/month for a studio. Could take the bus for $1, ride my bike, or call an Uber and be anywhere in central Austin in 10 mins. Also my neighborhood was rad, I miss it. Pretty sure Wakephan still lives in it.

Back