• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Fascism. The conservative cowbell.

Good job, social justice warriors. Good work.

You realize the monthly total increased by 1 from the prior month. ONE. From 62 to 63. If you want to use small sample size, that effort didn’t seem very effective. I hope they can replace it with something more effective.

Dumbass

You realize the monthly total increased by 1 from the prior month. ONE. From 62 to 63. If you want to use small sample size, that effort didn’t seem very effective. I hope they can replace it with something more effective.

Dumbass

It also came on the heels of the worst economic collapse this country has seen in a century, maybe ever.

Dumbass

And the disband happened July 1. Now do June, Angus, where there was just one less.

This is modern conservatism in a nutshell. Ignore the inept failure to govern by the GOP, get a nice graphic out there that proves something in their mind to take the focus off (doesn't mater if it is accurate) their dumpster fire to own the libs, and off they go, as the damage has been done. Trump does it all the time.

Don't have links right now, but cities are "defunding" the police by cutting community programs meant to help prevent petty crime and drug arrests - police force #s not being lowered in any significant way outside of the 1-2 cities who have disbanded forces, and the few cities that have "cut" officers, its preemptive cancelation of planned increases

Last edited:

Dumbass

I don't think that is fair. I assume Brad will be back soon with a thoughtful response that explains the nuances of his position in a considerate way.

But before they could even find an open salon, the family’s four children were ordered at gunpoint to lie facedown on the parking lot, and two were handcuffed. The Black girls, who range from 6 to 17 years old, broke down into tears and screams as a group of White police officers hovered over them.

Yet Teriana Thomas, Gilliam’s 14-year-old niece and one of the girls who had been pinned down, said there was little the police could do to regain her trust.

“It’s like they don’t care,” she told KUSA. “Who am I going to call when my life is in danger?”

The police terrorized a bunch of children.

How is this OK even if the car was stolen? (It wasn't, just to be clear.)

The police terrorized a bunch of children.

How is this OK even if the car was stolen? (It wasn't, just to be clear.)
Trying to imagine the police holding guns over my daughter and making her lay facedown on the ground. That's a lot.

Well Aurora PD apologized so.. all good?

LOL - It's not about the month-over-month increase from June to July.

Check out the year over year results: 6 out of the 7 months in 2020 (March being the exception) had higher shootings compared to prior year (2019).

So what does the city council decide to do in their infinite wisdom? Disband the gun violence reduction team?

Even though it's possible the decision was made months before the shit hit the fan in Portland, it makes zero sense to implement July 1st given the trend and current environment. Do you disagree?

Also you and others failed to address the fact the highest number of Portland homicides in over 30 years occurred in July 2020. Seems important, no?

Trying to think if there's anything else about the conditions in Portland that may have contributed to the increase over the past year.

Perhaps they disbanded the team because it clearly wasn't work anymore?

Aurora, CO again. A family is pulled over for license plate "mix up" and all four young girls, including as young as 6, are made to lay prone while two are handcuffed. WTF:

From the article.... "Police also clarified another vehicle bearing the same license plate number as the Gilliam’s car was reported stolen on Sunday. That vehicle was a motorcycle from Montana, the Associated Press reported."

Somehow police confused a motorcycle license plate from Montana with a Car license plate from Colorado..... who would have thought that the same license plate number/letters could be in 2 different states?

LOL - It's not about the month-over-month increase from June to July.

Check out the year over year results: 6 out of the 7 months in 2020 (March being the exception) had higher shootings compared to prior year (2019).

So what does the city council decide to do in their infinite wisdom? Disband the gun violence reduction team?

Even though it's possible the decision was made months before the shit hit the fan in Portland, it makes zero sense to implement July 1st given the trend and current environment. Do you disagree?

Also you and others failed to address the fact the highest number of Portland homicides in over 30 years occurred in July 2020. Seems important, no?

The increase in gun violence came on the heels of the biggest economic collapse this country has seen since Oregon became a state. Gun violence and economic stability are inversely correlated....there are piles, even mountains, of research linking the two. 2nd Q of 2020 was the worst drop in economic activity on record, the combination of unemployment coupled with massive revenue drops for state and local governments meant that Governments had to make the tough calls to cut programs in the midst of very uncertain times and increasing social instability. But yeah, here you are celebrating murders in Oregon because you think it proves some small government except when it comes to militarized police force -- not at all contradictory -- philosophical point.

From the article.... "Police also clarified another vehicle bearing the same license plate number as the Gilliam’s car was reported stolen on Sunday. That vehicle was a motorcycle from Montana, the Associated Press reported."

Somehow police confused a motorcycle license plate from Montana with a Car license plate from Colorado..... who would have thought that the same license plate number/letters could be in 2 different states?

Surprised the police didn't float the "we thought they may have been a group of antifa little people that came to town to incite a riot" explanation. There's always tomorrow I guess. At least trump and col anus would retweet it.

Back