• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Right. If Biden wins, they're going to be figuring out how to boost their candidates in the 2022 GOP Primaries and figure out who to run in 2024.

Yeah. That's definitely criminalizing free speech and encouraging people to run over protesters.

funny since the same crowd that is probably inclined to run over protestors (or be ok with it at least) is probably the same crowd that cried "religion of peace !" whenever there were terrorist attacks of people getting run over.

Basically any decent sized protest is going to spill into a street. What I'm reading is that this gives cops the authority to just start rounding up protestors and cracking skulls if they're standing in the road, not that they weren't doing this already. Oh and don't roll the dice if you're a govt employee. And don't get arrested because we can hold you without bail. And don't ever think about decreasing your police budget for any reason.

I mean, we all know we live in a fascist police state, but DeSantis is really going for the in your face branding.

The resident board bootlickers should get themselves down to Florida now. DeSantis is opening an all you can eat jackboot buffet.

Yeah, I how do we define disorderly protest? This is especially concerning given that the history of this country shows that orderly and "comfortable" protest does not result in change.

One thing is for certain, kneeling during the national anthem is disorderly protest.

DeSantis' proposed law gives the police more opportunity to lie about a crowd they politically oppose. Read the Confessions of a Bastard Cop I posted earlier. He admits to lying all the time.

The Kentucky AG is holding a news conference at 1:30 pm re the Breonna Taylor grand jury report. Given the local state of emergency and the barricading of downtown Louisville, my bet is that he's declining to prosecute. Hopefully I'm wrong.

the problem is that no-knock warrants are a very dangerous means of police action that should be reserved for only the most extraordinary of circumstances. There is a decent likelihood of something like this happening even if the police officers use proper procedures.

A higher likelihood of officers being killed as well when much safer police actions would yield the same results.

It also creates a situation where it is very difficult to differentiate the intent of the person being served the warrant.

Last edited:
So basically the state's claim is that the cops who murdered Breonna Taylor were justified and they'll prosecute the one cop because he missed.

my take is that the person(s) with the bad intel is/are the one(s) most responsible for the murder, unless it is the case that there was indeed a rescinding of the no-knock warrant and the officers failed to follow through

the true culprits are terrible systems: the militarized police force, the stupid war on drugs, the overflowing racism of police departments (and the general populace), and so on

I hate that the mainstream vision of justice involves locking up the police officers in the same system that produced the murder of Breonna Taylor in the first place

Interesting. So apparently a witness heard the police announce themselves despite having a no-knock warrant. That seemingly explains why Breonna and her boyfriend were out of bed. Of course, we will never know if they just heard a noise or if they knew they were police.

Discrepancies in ballistics reports is a serious issue. Ballistics is a highly subjective field. I have inspected a firearms department for accreditation before and while there are many objective measurements, the final call can come down to subjective observations. Unfortunately this can lead to reasonable doubt. It sounds like that is a major reason for not charging.

Ultimately, much reform is needed. I hope that's what comes out of this tragedy.

The NYT interviewed 12 people in the apartment complex and only 1 person (the one above the apartment) said they heard police knocking in the middle of the night.

Back