• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Did you know that there are about 5x as many white people as Black people?

The racial percentages in the background population, most of whom have no interaction with police, is meaningless for this purpose. Take a look at crime rates, which will involve a police response, and get back with me.

The racial percentages in the background population, most of whom have no interaction with police, is meaningless for this purpose. Take a look at crime rates, which will involve a police response, and get back with me.

Saying the quiet part out loud.

No cop has ever died by getting shot by a bazooka so if someone whips out a bazooka and aims it at a cop the cop shouldn't be permitted to shoot the person aiming the bazooka at him because no cops die by getting shot by a bazooka. The logic is unassailable.

(1) Cars always take time to accelerate and (2) cops standing in front of a still vehicle can always move out of the way and (3) cops that can move out of the way have a duty to retreat before levying deadly force are three claims that are certainly open to criticism.

Your response is a good example of hyperbole though.

No cop has ever died by getting shot by a bazooka so if someone whips out a bazooka and aims it at a cop the cop shouldn't be permitted to shoot the person aiming the bazooka at him because no cops die by getting shot by a bazooka. The logic is unassailable.

This is an unassailable analogy!

So do police disproportionately instigate interactions with Black people or are Black people inferior and therefore must be policed more often than white people?

I can see the reasonable argument with regard to the car and officer safety, although I'm not sure I totally agree.

But my real question is why officers are piling out of the back of a pickup truck with an AR-15 on this dude. Is that really necessary? Is that the type of police presence we need? I can't really blame someone for running from that.

So do police disproportionately instigate interactions with Black people or are Black people inferior and therefore must be policed more often than white people?

Ph gonna Ph

So do you capitalize B but not w because of a typo or because you think Black people are superior to White people?

Seems like a fair question, in a systemically racist society how can you rely on criminal statistics when those stats are driven by interaction with police. Like a simple example, stop and frisk, pretty clear who was targeted.

Which makes my question to Ph about as dumb as his to me.

Nice evade. You can’t even answer the question. Which one is it? “Oh it’s a dumb question.” Nah. You just can’t admit either police pick and choose who they want to patrol or arrest or you are a racist piece of shit.

(We all know the answer is both but I’m humoring this asshole anyway because he may legitimately be too stupid to understand.)

It’s a fact that black people own more bazookas than white people.

Back