• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

I am arguing that people are not inherently violent, and that their circumstances can be altered by focusing on the things that lift people up: mentorship and opportunity. Investing in their potential and not just their subsistence.

Only in the Tunnels must this position be so disingenuously resisted, because you vainly refuse to admit your well-intended but short-sighted policies aren't working.

Why not both? You’re not arguing to redirect tax dollars towards mentorship and leadership, you’re arguing to remove them entirely from investment in “subsistence” as you term it (what an asshole) and foist folks onto the fucking Boy Scouts and church to solve their needs. This is your serious policy plan? Talk about disingenuous. Just say you want tax cuts.

Why not both? You’re not arguing to redirect tax dollars towards mentorship and leadership, you’re arguing to remove them entirely from investment in “subsistence” as you term it (what an asshole) and foist folks onto the fucking Boy Scouts and church to solve their needs. This is your serious policy plan? Talk about disingenuous. Just say you want tax cuts.

If you're satisficed with our efforts to date then you shouldn't be so uncomfortable saying so. I'm not. I'm also not against subsistence payments. People have to survive. We simply need to factor in the entire costs of those policies choices, including creating a long-term way of life which creates an unintended ceiling to match the well-intended floor.

Why do people have such concern about violent crime within a group of people that doesn’t effect them and they don’t seem to give a shit about anything else such as poverty, education, shelter, hunger and so forth. It’s like the middle of nowhere fucks worried about international terrorists when the targets are always urban places they don’t go not their local dollar store.

Indeed. I remember that when the Persian Gulf War started, our local paper actually ran a front-page article on how Arab terrorists might try to blow up the W. Kerr Scott Reservoir, and what the Army Corps of Engineers were doing to prevent it. I'm sure that it was a high-priority target.

In addition to working 2 or 3 jobs, parents now need to find time for Boy Scouts, church youth groups, Y soccer, and 4H.

Capitalism depends on exploiting low wage workers. There are millions of people that work harder than jhmd and still live in poverty.

Indeed. I remember that when the Persian Gulf War started, our local paper actually ran a front-page article on how Arab terrorists might try to blow up the W. Kerr Scott Reservoir, and what the Army Corps of Engineers were doing to prevent it. I'm sure that it was a high-priority target.

Madison Cawthorn testified this week on the House floor that “according to the data,” the number one concern of his constituents is the crisis on the border 1600 miles away (he actually mentioned the distance).

Apparently some people are forgetting how many young military families are on food stamps, buying their own body armor and tennis shoes, or depending on assistance from charitable organizations. Great plan.

What happened last time the boy scouts were without supervision and assumed to be great people because they were involved in scouting? Change boy scouts to the catholic church or the mega churches preaching prosperity gospel.

Sure, alter their circumstances. Just don't ignore why their circumstances are what they currently are.

Last edited:
Isn’t there a lot of violence in Fayetteville in part blamed by the military community there?

Here's a not murder committed by some of your heroes.

https://apnews.com/article/ronald-greene-death-louisiana-eca021d8a54ec73598dd72b269826f7a

Here's where Broke and Bored start justifying why police brutally tortured this man and justify why they lied about how he died and justify Louisiana state police waiting 474 days to start an investigation, and justify Louisiana state police waiting two years to release the footage of his death.

Greene’s cold body doesn’t show up in crime statistics.

Oh and doing this while claiming Black people are more violent than white people.

Jhmd got you all focusing on his typical talking points instead of yet another police torture coverup.

Here's a not murder committed by some of your heroes.

https://apnews.com/article/ronald-greene-death-louisiana-eca021d8a54ec73598dd72b269826f7a

Here's where Broke and Bored start justifying why police brutally tortured this man and justify why they lied about how he died and justify Louisiana state police waiting 474 days to start an investigation, and justify Louisiana state police waiting two years to release the footage of his death.

Greene’s cold body doesn’t show up in crime statistics.

Oh and doing this while claiming Black people are more violent than white people.

Oh shit.

Jhmd got you all focusing on his typical talking points instead of yet another police torture coverup.

There is definitely a failure of leadership here, but not the failure JH is focused on.

As for the contention that police need to police black communities more because there's more crime in black communities... well there's a chart for that.

rates_drug_use_sale_1080_737_80.jpg

https://www.hamiltonproject.org/charts/rates_of_drug_use_and_sales_by_race_rates_of_drug_related_criminal_justice

If you're satisficed with our efforts to date then you shouldn't be so uncomfortable saying so. I'm not. I'm also not against subsistence payments. People have to survive. We simply need to factor in the entire costs of those policies choices, including creating a long-term way of life which creates an unintended ceiling to match the well-intended floor.

Satisfied? I’m just rejecting the false choice you always insinuate

Back