• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Progressives are seeking confrontation with the establishment rather than persuasion or political power.
The far right might grumble about the establishment but you never saw them celebrating the fact that an establishment Republican lost to a Democrat

The far right might grumble about the establishment but you never saw them celebrating the fact that an establishment Republican lost to a Democrat

Yep. They grumble and vote and let establishment Republicans know they voted. Sure some of that is death threats, but still.

LOL. Progressives and their delusions of grandeur are so cute.

The country generally doesn't trust progressive politicians which is why they hardly even try to campaign anywhere a GOPer is competitive. the tit for tat "lets trump up" the democrafts would be a miserable failure.

Do you know how to read?

“You all are so concerned about *voters* getting in line, when the Republican Party is winning because their extremist *politicians* are the ones who drive the ideology and keep the voters in line. For all the Dem bitching about moderates not supporting Defund or the Green New Deal, if Dems were actually following the Republican model, politicians like Bernie and Cori Bush would be running the party and everyone else like Nancy Pelosi and voters like Shoo would be following them left like good little soldiers.”

The reason that the Democratic Party isn’t a check on the Republican Party is because it’s not mimicking the Republican Party. The Republican Party is driven by the extreme right, and the moderate Republicans get in line and pull right. The Democratic Party isn’t driven by far left politicians, it’s driven by pandering to the middle and thus the party has no direction. You can’t be a true opposition party if you aren’t pulling as hard as they are.

So what are progressives doing to drive the Democratic Party like right-wingers are driving the Republican Party?

You're crediting right-wingers as active leaders in the GOP but positioning progressives as passive victims in the Democratic Party.

Do you know how to read?

“You all are so concerned about *voters* getting in line, when the Republican Party is winning because their extremist *politicians* are the ones who drive the ideology and keep the voters in line. For all the Dem bitching about moderates not supporting Defund or the Green New Deal, if Dems were actually following the Republican model, politicians like Bernie and Cori Bush would be running the party and everyone else like Nancy Pelosi and voters like Shoo would be following them left like good little soldiers.”

The reason that the Democratic Party isn’t a check on the Republican Party is because it’s not mimicking the Republican Party. The Republican Party is driven by the extreme right, and the moderate Republicans get in line and pull right. The Democratic Party isn’t driven by far left politicians, it’s driven by pandering to the middle and thus the party has no direction. You can’t be a true opposition party if you aren’t pulling as hard as they are.

Yes I know how to read. I pointed out how your desire is fan fiction since the country doesn't trust progressive politicians. It would be a massive failure.

So what are progressives doing to drive the Democratic Party like right-wingers are driving the Republican Party?

Edit - Read your post incorrectly the first time

What are progressives doing? Tweeting, canvassing, running for office. You seem to believe there is some evangelical mode of political strategy necessary, and I just don’t know if I believe that’s ever going to happen. Educated home owning middle class Americans are not following anyone left, they are too comfortable and scared. They have no ideological motivation to go left because it would cost them their lifestyle, unlike moderate Republicans who have nothing to lose by embracing the far right. They don’t give a shit about abortion access or to racist policing or closed borders.

Last edited:
Yes I know how to read. I pointed out how your desire is fan fiction since the country doesn't trust progressive politicians. It would be a massive failure.

“Trust”, what a joke. When your main political concern is managing the empire, then yeah you probably shouldn’t trust people calling for drastic changes.

No, are you crazy? Educated home owning middle class Americans are not following anyone left, they are too comfortable and scared. They have no ideological motivation to go left because it would cost them their lifestyle, unlike moderate Republicans who have nothing to lose by embracing the far right. They don’t give a shit about abortion access or to racist policing or closed borders.

Seems like a defeatist attitude.

Plus going left wouldn't cost educated home owning middle class Americans anything. You're overestimating how much home owning middle class have.

As I said, people don't trust progressive politicians.

However, the Democratic party has moved left and could be moved farther left with some cooperation.

"Vote for us, we're going to take your shit" isn't as good of a pitch as "vote for us, we'll stop them from taking your shit."

Of course not, why would hyper-partisan voters trust politicians who focus on and pander to non-partisan non-voters? Bernie’s literal campaign slogan was “Fight For Someone You Don’t Know”.

However, the Democratic party has moved left and could be moved farther left with some cooperation.

This is nonsense confirmation bias. What did you “trust” Biden to achieve?

People don't trust politicians. That's why Republicans run on a message of "trust us, we're not politicians" even the ones who have been in Washington for decades. It works because they want to burn down government. Meanwhile some progressives talk shit about AOC being a creature of Washington because she is trying to make government work.

Meanwhile some progressives…

Meanwhile Glenn Greenwald was on Tucker Carlson, meanwhile JillFrankenstein420 on twitter said Kamala Harris hates Palestine, *yawn* completely peripheral and irrelevant. For every leftist tweeter complaining about AOC selling out, there are hundreds of Liberals calling her a anti-Semitic Democratic saboteur

Last edited:
Meanwhile Glenn Greenwald was on Tucker Carlson, meanwhile JillFrankenstein420 on twitter said Kamala Harris hates Palestine, *yawn* completely peripheral and irrelevant. For every leftist tweeter complaining about AOC selling out, there are hundreds of Liberals calling her a anti-Semitic Democratic saboteur

I guess I should cancel my subscription to the peripheral and irrelevant Jacobin.
https://jacobin.com/2022/02/the-end-of-the-aoc-honeymoon

It's a muddled message to want government to take a bigger role in running your lives and hating eveybody, even those that lean to your side politically, in government.

And people didn't trust Bernie. As much of a corrupt mob connected shitstain Trump was, he could sell himself as being a major power broker.

Bernie is some intellect who got kicked out of a commune for being a lazy bum. If you think the American people are going to vote for that as their CEO......

"It's a muddled message to want government to take a bigger role in running your lives and hating eveybody, even those that lean to your side politically, in government."

True, but that message works for Republicans.

Chris, you've got to stop taking the bait. This is going to end up being another situation in which MDMH brings up Bernie then you talk about him in response and then he accuses you of relitigating the 2016 Dem primaries.

Progressives would fail, but

FVtUli1WIAI0NIW

My analogy of the far left is that they keep trying to eat the Dem establishment as the little dinosaur. Bad strategy.

The fourth picture is the MAGA dino eating the US Constitution

"It's a muddled message to want government to take a bigger role in running your lives and hating eveybody, even those that lean to your side politically, in government."

True, but that message works for Republicans.

Chris, you've got to stop taking the bait. This is going to end up being another situation in which MDMH brings up Bernie then you talk about him in response and then he accuses you of relitigating the 2016 Dem primaries.

I don’t know what purpose you think you are serving being a dick and and trying to start a fight with me, but please stop. I brought up Bernie Sanders within context as being a far left representative in Congress, juxtaposed with far right members of Congress. I’m not baiting anyone, I’m just having a reasonable discussion, if you don’t like it you are welcome to fuck off.

Back