• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

This is gibberish. Sad, meaningless drivel.

The Democratic strategy for getting elected in a purple state is basically just rolling over and going stiff like a possum playing dead. Maybe if I don’t say anything meaningful during my campaign the Republicans won’t realize I’m running.

This is gibberish. Sad, meaningless drivel.

The democratic party did this to her? Was it against her will? Are you saying she can't think for herself? Maybe she's in it more than you are and understands the reality of the situation there more than you do? Or maybe she is just trying to get elected and understands that she automatically loses on a defund platform -- would her losing be a better outcome for you?

The democratic party did this to her? Was it against her will? Are you saying she can't think for herself?
lol sure she can think for herself, she had to think about whether she wanted to be a successful politician and have support of the Democratic Party. Now she’s tweeting about how Georgia Police Officers don’t get paid “a living wage” and how she has a plan to pay them more and “hold them accountable”. You are presumably a smart guy, do you remember Stacey Abrams becoming famous on the strength of her support for cops? Think back.

woo buddy, oh god lol yeah I’m sure she’s got a sure fire plan to hold police accountable, she just didn’t have room for it on that tweet. Everyone let’s hold our breath waiting for the plan specifics that are definitely coming.

It’s gibberish. Meaningless focus tested political word salad aimed at no one and everyone.

You can’t just excuse her pro-police policy as “just trying to get elected.” It’s bad political strategy and it’s bad, really bad, policy. It’s the same shit we’ve been doing forever. More money, more training, etc. It doesn’t work. So win or lose, she’s perpetuating a harmful cycle that just feeds police budgets and kills more people.

It’s the same shit we’ve been doing forever. More money, more training, etc.

That doesn’t matter. This is what triangulation is. Mentioning a problem that 1 group is concerned about, and providing an answer for that problem that another group can support. That’s all it is - words that 2 groups of voters hear and like. Telling 1 kid that you are having cookies for dinner, and the other one that the cookies are made of Macaroni & Cheese. It’s nonsense, never going to happen, but empty pandering to opposing groups of people is all that politics is now.

You can’t just excuse her pro-police policy as “just trying to get elected.” It’s bad political strategy and it’s bad, really bad, policy. It’s the same shit we’ve been doing forever. More money, more training, etc. It doesn’t work. So win or lose, she’s perpetuating a harmful cycle that just feeds police budgets and kills more people.

Yep. Same old shit. The politics don’t work. The policies don’t work. People want radical change and if Democrats don’t give it to them, Republicans will. Democrats think they’re battling a GOP who is protecting the status quo so minor change will be a big deal. No. Republicans are tearing up the Constitution and creating new laws and taking away rights. Democrats need to be a strong force for change in favor of the human rights and civil rights Republicans are stripping.

Yep. Same old shit. The politics don’t work. The policies don’t work. People want radical change and if Democrats don’t give it to them, Republicans will. Democrats think they’re battling a GOP who is protecting the status quo so minor change will be a big deal. No. Republicans are tearing up the Constitution and creating new laws and taking away rights. Democrats need to be a strong force for change in favor of the human rights and civil rights Republicans are stripping.

Republicans are doing this because they have no morals so they cheat to win and change the game, and they're in lockstep. Left/Libs/Dems will never be in lockstep, and won't cheat to win (packing the court, gerrymander, etc.) and have no chance. Yeah, I think it's over in 2025.

Republicans are doing this because they have no morals so they cheat to win and change the game, and they're in lockstep. Left/Libs/Dems will never be in lockstep, and won't cheat to win (packing the court, gerrymander, etc.) and have no chance. Yeah, I think it's over in 2025.

Left/Libs/Dems won’t even unite to stop Republicans because they’re so hung up on policy.

Yep. I’ve said it before. It’s like the first season of Survivor.

Left/Libs/Dems won’t even unite to stop Republicans because they’re so hung up on policy.

Democrats singing kumbaya on Instagram and Bernie Bro podcasts ignoring Dianne Feinsteins dementia isn’t going to solve any political problems. You all are so concerned about *voters* getting in line, when the Republican Party is winning because their extremist *politicians* are the ones who drive the ideology and keep the voters in line. For all the Dem bitching about moderates not supporting Defund or the Green New Deal, if Dems were actually following the Republican model, politicians like Bernie and Cori Bush would be running the party and everyone else like Nancy Pelosi and voters like Shoo would be following them left like good little soldiers. The most effective way of competing with the right wing is to keep pulling the political establishment left. Instead the Democratic Party has tethered itself to a middle ideology that keeps getting pulling further right by Republicans

Last edited:
LOL. Progressives and their delusions of grandeur are so cute.

The country generally doesn't trust progressive politicians which is why they hardly even try to campaign anywhere a GOPer is competitive. the tit for tat "lets trump up" the democrafts would be a miserable failure.

Last edited:
Democrats singing kumbaya on Instagram and Bernie Bro podcasts ignoring Dianne Feinsteins dementia isn’t going to solve any political problems. You all are so concerned about *voters* getting in line, when the Republican Party is winning because their extremist *politicians* are the ones who drive the ideology and keep the voters in line. For all the Dem bitching about moderates not supporting Defund or the Green New Deal, if Dems were actually following the Republican model, politicians like Bernie and Cori Bush would be running the party and everyone else like Nancy Pelosi and voters like Shoo would be following them left like good little soldiers. The most effective way of competing with the right wing is to keep pulling the political establishment left. Instead the Democratic Party has tethered itself to a middle ideology that keeps getting pulling further right by Republicans

No shit. I’ve been saying for years that right wing extremists provided a model that progressives should use to take over the Democratic Party. I’m glad you finally get what I’ve been saying.

Right wing extremists kept running politicians, astroturfed movements, developed their own anti-establishment media ecosystem, and directly made appeals to “working class” voters. When in office, their politicians go hard against the establishment party leaders. That’s why the House leadership keeps changing. Right wingers do all that from within the party structure. They raise hell in primaries but vote red no matter who November.

Bernie won’t even join the party. The Squad isn’t putting heat on Pelosi. You act like they’re owed what right wing extremists have worked for.

Progressives would fail, but

FVtUli1WIAI0NIW

My analogy of the far left is that they keep trying to eat the Dem establishment as the little dinosaur. Bad strategy.

Back