• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Because he says moronic things.

What was moronic about it? That people use their coworkers to help cover their ass on the job?

Also a serious question: do cops not kill unarmed white people too? Or does it just not get as publicize?

Of course they do. It just doesn't get clicks.

The truth is very few of these cases get national attention. Beyond that, when a black person is killed by police, their family and community try to get attention for their cause. When a white person is killed by police, their community just assumes they did something and deserved it unless black people find out about it and take up their cause too.

According to The Guardian, 3 unarmed white people have been killed in September. Crutcher is the only unarmed black person to be killed this month.

Here are their stories:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...estigating-death-of-oldsmar-man-under/2292707

OLDSMAR — Pinellas sheriff's detectives are investigating the death of an Oldsmar man who was under protective custody when he became unresponsive as deputies Tasered and handcuffed him.

On Wednesday about 5:15 a.m., deputies were called to 1739 Split Fork Drive after Julie Degraw reported that her husband, Donald Degraw, was in bed "screaming and grunting for no apparent reason," the Sheriff's Office said.
Degraw, 58, told paramedics and deputies that he was having a bad dream, adding that he was taking medication for post-traumatic stress disorder. Deputies determined he didn't meet criteria to be placed in protective custody under the Baker Act.
About 3:45 p.m. the same day, Degraw's wife called deputies again, saying that he was acting erratically. When they arrived, Degraw was screaming, and deputies determined that his "erratic behavior" met the Baker Act criteria, the Sheriff's Office said. Under the Baker Act, people may be involuntarily committed if they are judged a danger to themselves or others.
He resisted their attempts to place him in custody. Because he had access to a loaded firearm within his reach, the Sheriff's Office said, deputies Tasered him so they could handcuff him. At that point, Degraw became unresponsive.
Oldsmar Fire Rescue paramedics treated Degraw and transported him to Tampa Community Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Janczak said Degraw was a retired Gulf War veteran, known to be kind, thoughtful and gentle. He was a father of two children and had been married to his wife for 30 years.

Can't find anything about Donald Degraw after this article. I vaguely remember hearing about this locally.

[h=1]Carjacking suspect died as deputies tried to restrain him, officials say[/h]http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-force-use-carjacking-suspect-mcdonalds-20160914-snap-story.html

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department acknowledged force was used to restrain a carjacking suspect who lost consciousness and died Tuesday inside a McDonald’s restaurant in East San Gabriel.
The man was identified as 38-year-old Timothy Shannon McMillan, who was a transient, according to Ed Winter, spokesman of the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner. McMillan’s cause of death has not been determined, and an autopsy is pending.

Deputies confronted McMillan after a violent carjacking in the 8700 block of Garvey Avenue in Rosemead. In that incident, McMillan approached a parking enforcement officer as she was writing a ticket at 5:25 a.m., yelled at her and punched her in the head, the Sheriff’s Department said.
When the 53-year-old parking officer fell to the ground, the man entered her car and drove off. The owner of the parked vehicle saw the attack and notified police.
About 20 minutes later, McMillan drove to a McDonald’s parking lot in the 6900 block of Rosemead Boulevard.
There, he entered the restaurant and screamed at employees, the Sheriff’s Department said.
Deputies received a disturbance call and went to the restaurant, where they found the man.
According to the Sheriff’s Department, McMillan lunged at deputies.
“The suspect’s action resulted in a use of force by the deputies in an attempt to restrain the suspect,” the Sheriff’s Department said. “The suspect was handcuffed, and to prevent him from further kicking, his legs were secured.”
At some point during the confrontation, McMillan became unresponsive.
Shortly after, firefighters arrived at the restaurant and attempted live-saving measures. They were unable to revive the man, and he was pronounced dead.
Four deputies involved in the incident suffered scratches and cuts. The parking officer who was attacked was taken to a hospital and treated for minor head injuries, the Sheriff’s Department said.

Can't find anything more recent than that article.

Same day police killed Crutcher.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...hooting-jesse-beshaw-stuns-winooski/90585130/
Winooski officers involved in events leading up to the Friday shooting of Jesse Beshaw, 29, were identified as Cpl. James Charkalis, Officer Brenda Davis and Officer Dean Fullerton.
The state police said Palmier fired seven gunshots at Beshaw, striking him six times and grazing him once. Beshaw was unarmed at the time of the shooting but was advancing on the deputy with an arm behind his back and refusing commands to stop when he was fatally shot, investigators said.
A witness told the Burlington Free Press that Beshaw was yelling "Do it!" repeatedly before being shot.
Palmier and Winooski officers were wearing department-issued body cameras that captured video and audio of events leading up to and during the incident. The footage was not immediately released.
The investigation into the shooting was ongoing.
Maj. Glenn Hall of the state police said the Franklin County sheriff's deputy was in the area at the time of the incident and responded to assist the Winooski Police Department.

The state police issued this statement Saturday evening:
“A Winooski officer reported seeing Jesse Beshaw driving in a vehicle in Winooski. Beshaw was known by the officer to have an active arrest warrant for burglary. Vermont State Police detectives have confirmed that than an arrest warrant was issued on Sept. 2 for burglary, a felony offense, and unlawful mischief, misdemeanor offenses, with bail set at $100,000. Beshaw was known by Winooski police officers to carry a handgun based on recent investigations.
A Winooski police officer observed Beshaw enter a residence located on Union Street in Winooski. Two other Winooski police officers responded to assist in addition to Deputy Palmier. Officers established a perimeter around the residence when Beshaw was seen exiting the residence and running from the police. Deputy Palmier pursued Beshaw on foot and encountered Beshaw behind O’Brien’s Community Center. Video footage from Deputy Palmier’s body cam shows Beshaw stopping as Deputy Palmier is approaching from a distance. Deputy Palmier can be heard yelling verbal commands to Beshaw.
Ignoring the commands, Beshaw is then seen advancing toward Deputy Palmier with his right hand concealed behind his back. Deputy Palmier discharged his firearm multiple times as Beshaw continued to advance toward him. Beshaw is then seen falling to the ground. Winooski officers arrived shortly after and began to render medical aid to Beshaw until St. Michaels rescue arrived on scene. Beshaw was pronounced deceased on scene by rescue.
The Vermont State Police Crime Scene Search Team has completed the scene processing and collection of evidence. Autopsy was performed Saturday morning at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. Preliminary autopsy results have revealed the deceased sustained six gunshot wounds and a seventh apparent grazing gunshot wound, all to the front torso and head region.

Last edited:
Riots in Charlotte right now over the death of Keith Lamont Scott

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Riots in Charlotte right now over the death of Keith Lamont Scott

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Nothing gets a political message across like looting a Walmart. Which is why this movement has trouble getting respect. #allrollbackpricesmatter

The officer involved in this shooting is black, for whatever that is worth. But it does sound like he should not have shot the guy, certainly not killed him.

Nothing gets a political message across like looting a Walmart.

Or creating a dangerous situation by walking out onto I85 and blocking traffic.

Or throwing rocks, etc off of overpasses at cars on I85.

Or looting a couple tractor trailers that were stopped on I85 as a result of your protests.

"Protestors" were standing on the overpass over I-85 and dropping rip-rap rocks the size of bowling balls onto the windshields of cars on 85. They then blocked 85, looted the trucks that were stopped, and set the contents on fire in the road. Peaceful protests, of course. Fucking Demos. CMPD then swooped in with some whoopass using the riot gear and equipment purchased for the DNC. Thanks, Obama!

CMPD says the suspect did have a gun, which was recovered. The neighbors, of course, claim he did not have a gun. All CMPD officers wear body camperas now, so I guess that should give some more insight.

Even assuming he had a gun, can someone explain to me why you're allowed to open carry in the midst of a bunch of unarmed people in a Walmart but open carrying around a cop merits getting shot?

"Protestors" were standing on the overpass over I-85 and dropping rip-rap rocks the size of bowling balls onto the windshields of cars on 85. They then blocked 85, looted the trucks that were stopped, and set the contents on fire in the road. Peaceful protests, of course. Fucking Demos. CMPD then swooped in with some whoopass using the riot gear and equipment purchased for the DNC. Thanks, Obama!

CMPD says the suspect did have a gun, which was recovered. The neighbors, of course, claim he did not have a gun. All CMPD officers wear body camperas now, so I guess that should give some more insight.

He was an undercover cop investigating another case. Wouldn't have a body camera and there were no eye-witnesses.

He was an undercover cop investigating another case. Wouldn't have a body camera and there were no eye-witnesses.

Not sure where you are seeing that. All reports I've seen say they were looking to serve a warrant on someone else, which they would be in uniform for. And there definitely claim to be several witnesses, at least per the "protestors".

Even assuming he had a gun, can someone explain to me why you're allowed to open carry in the midst of a bunch of unarmed people in a Walmart but open carrying around a cop merits getting shot?

You're actually not allowed if you're a black guy holding a toy gun and a white guy thinks it's real and calls 911.

#ripjohncrawford

Not sure where you are seeing that. All reports I've seen say they were looking to serve a warrant on someone else, which they would be in uniform for. And there definitely claim to be several witnesses, at least per the "protestors".

The victim's family is claiming he was an undercover cop.

Ah okay. The victim's family is also claiming that he didn't have a gun, so I guess we'll see what comes out. CMPD news conference at 9:30.

The protests in Charlotte are really not what is needed for this cause. It allows people to just look at the protestors instead of actually assessing the problem of brutality in the police force against citizens.

Disappointed that they choose to show their disdain in this manner and allow people to look past the issue and blame the protestors instead of what really needs to be worked on.

There really isn't any proof yet that the victim even had a gun.

Wonder what comes out of the CMPD when there are no cameras or eyewitnesses.

This is the worst possible situation for the police. Without video or eyewitnesses, any justification they give will not be trusted because of the current environment concerning police violence, and it's a mess of their own making.

The problem police are going to have going forward is that they have lost the benefit of the doubt from a large portion of the population they serve. There are going to be instances where the shooting was justified, and while they may win the legal battle based on their word vs. nobody else's, they will lose the battle in the court of public opinion. Without video and multiple eyewitnesses, there simply is no defense they can mount that will seem plausible unless there is evidence of a victim actually discharging a firearm.

The protests in Charlotte are really not what is needed for this cause. It allows people to just look at the protestors instead of actually assessing the problem of brutality in the police force against citizens.

Disappointed that they choose to show their disdain in this manner and allow people to look past the issue and blame the protestors instead of what really needs to be worked on.

Counterpoint, the widespread protests are really the reason this issue has gotten so much attention. I'm sure people said the same thing about MLK protesting in violation of the injunction in Birmingham back in the day

Back