• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

That clarification doesn't make your point any better because it's a ridiculous premise. Like I said above, my personal opinion that this one single specific law is ridiculous doesn't make me an anarchist nor does it make my opinion that all laws should be repealed.

You're just providing false hypotheticals to defend your position while simultaneously getting your jabs in at the legal profession.

It's absurd that this law could result in an arrest IMO. If you want to keep the law in place to prevent tax evasion and tacit approval of a black market for cigarettes given the inanely high tax on the good in the first place, it should be an administrative citation similar to a parking ticket. If that's what the law currently provides for then that's great and makes me wonder how the Garner situation could escalate so quickly. I haven't read the NY statutes on selling cigarettes

It's absurd that this law could result in an arrest IMO. If you want to keep the law in place to prevent tax evasion and tacit approval of a black market for cigarettes given the inanely high tax on the good in the first place, it should be an administrative citation similar to a parking ticket. If that's what the law currently provides for then that's great and makes me wonder how the Garner situation could escalate so quickly. I haven't read the NY statutes on selling cigarettes

There are age restrictions on the purchase of cigarettes.

Why does it matter whether or not he was selling loose cigarettes or fake Gucci bags, or snow cones, or robbing a bank? Garner shouldn't have been choked to death, or shot to death, or beat to death

What does any of that prior history have to do with the cop chokeholding him?

Not to mention, for roughly the thousandth time on here, you don't "exorcise" your guilt.

I'm just damned sick and tired of all the crime in this country. It has gotten worse & worse, and it's past time to take the gloves off and call it out for what it is. People who are trying to live their lives as best they can with respect for the law and for their fellow citizens...and that includes all races & colors....should not have to be subjected to all this crime. And many posters on this board just constantly make excuses for all these criminals who clog the court system, cost millions of tax dollars, and don't contribute anything at all to society.

Quite simply false. Property crime, assault, murder, larceny, burglary, and virtually every measurable crime is at 30 year low.

I'm just damned sick and tired of (scary sounding noun) in this country. It has gotten worse & worse, and it's past time to (mixed-idiom connoting toughness). People who are trying to (phrase bkf would use to describe himself) with respect for (concept bkf agrees with) and for (people like bkf)...(I'm-not-a-racist disclaimer)....should not have to be subjected to all this (scary sounding noun). And many posters on this board just constantly make excuses for all these (negative sounding group of humans) who (list of things bkf doesn't like)

Instead of arguing with someone who seems to completely lack empathy for his fellow man,

Let's play BKF mad-libs.

Why does it matter whether or not he was selling loose cigarettes or fake Gucci bags, or snow cones, or robbing a bank? Garner shouldn't have been choked to death, or shot to death, or beat to death

Yep. It is a police force that has been taught to combat rather than police the population. Policing means create a safe environment and enforce laws. What we do is try to lock up as many bad guys as we can.

You do realize your counterexample is hypothetical.
So you're saying there is not a strong bias against stupid fat white rednecks in this country? All that hatred that I see pretty much daily from the pop culture, MSM, and especially from the political left, doesn't exist? Seriously? That's certainly amazing. Living under a rock?

A general bias against blacks exist. There is all kinds of bias of groups like that in this country. None of it means a "war on blacks" where the cops are intentionally killing blacks like what you apparently think is going on.....justified because a bias against blacks of any kind/level exists. That's unrealistic. It's more zero tolerance expectation....and IMO that's intolerance. Whites (and most other races) who are supposedly doing all this persecution don't even really look at the world by skin color. They just don't..it's more about culture. Unless the white person is trying to prove they're a friend of the blacks, then they apparently hold/attend "die-ins". I thought the UNC hospital one was especially ironic given the data I pulled out, which I'm sure if people dug into it would show for a lot of economic reasons a bias against blacks in healthcare. Maybe you should spearhead the effort to show how much white pharmacists and doctors hate blacks.

Blacks these days seem to define themselves by the bias and/or the struggle against it, so they see it everywhere regardless of whether it really exists in a meaningful way or not. I think that's what you and others are doing. It's understandable to a degree given the history of everything (like scientifically "settled" eugenics), but things aren't going to move forward if blacks constantly assume everything/everyone around them is actively working to squash them back to slavery or room temp over every single negative event that happens to a black. At some point that attitude works against you, and that point has long passed IMO.

Back