• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Probably has come up before but heard this on NPR yesterday and thought it was interesting. Hosts were talking about police issues with a former Suffolk County sheriff in Massachusetts and she brought up the point that 2015 was the safest year for police in a long time, while the rate at which people of color are being shot by police continues to increase. She said she's sympathetic to the "blue lives matter" movement but that co-opting "black lives matter" into "blue lives matter" presents them as mutually exclusive options when that's not even close to the reality.

Right. "All lives matter" and "blue lives matter" are just anti-BLM movements.

Right. "All lives matter" and "blue lives matter" are just anti-BLM movements.

Yes, she agrees. Another issue that came up, and I don't remember what state it is but I believe is in the midwest (Texas or Oklahoma), was where a man was wrongfully convicted of a murder and spent 30 years in prison before dying shortly after getting out due to lung cancer which went undiagnosed while he was in prison. The prosecutor admitted that he was wrongfully convicted but the state refuses to pay out any money to his family (who is "only" seeking 340k for the wrongful imprisonment plus his death). The sheriff said that this is absurd and is the type of focus that "black lives matter' should hone in on - states' refusal to pay out "meager" sums for actions they took which were clearly wrong. The refusal to accept responsibility drives more litigation and is more costly to taxpayers than just paying out the sum.

I don't know bob stack fan well enough to know if he thinks that cop was in the right to draw his weapon on a man standing in his own yard filming him, and I forgot he has me blocked, but again- fuck that cop for pulling his gun and barking orders to an American standing in his own property filming.

The cop should have gotten out and been friendly and disarming and said hey I'm doing my job looking for parking violators or whatever and been a little self deprecating. This man was not posing a threat to anyone and it was obvious.

Or just leave and return with backup and full riot gear. There was no crime in commission. Fuck that cop. BKF I know advocates dropping down and putting out your tongue for a cops ballsack any time they approach, but does bobstackfan also?

Coweta deputies used Tasers repeatedly on man who then died

"Dude I'm fucking fired, man."
"No you ain't."
"Bullshit!"
"Nah, you're good."

Drug raid in Dogtown sparks first-ever complaint filed with new police oversight board

Williams-Norise lives at the home with her husband, Curtis, and her daughter, Chassity, 20. Her son Byron, 30, also lives at the home but is rarely there, Williams-Norise said.

Chassity Norise was alone when a SWAT team broke down the front door and used smoke bombs in the home, she said.

The team stormed in without announcing they were officers, Norise said. She initially hid in a closet.

“The smoke was strong, and I was scared of not making it out alive,” she said.

Until rich white folks learn to police their own communities, this type of stuff will continue to happen.

She already had a criminal record. Had she not turned to a life of crime, she wouldn't be in this situation.

Why didn't she use her Privilege? Isn't that how it works?

Back