• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

10155496_10152093981011700_6118553197341685166_n.jpg

holy.

shit.

I was absolutely shocked by the racist tone in this one, especially since it came from a member at a church I used to serve.
10378164_1518606965093084_5511145341209826785_n.png

Why were you shocked?

It's hard to beat the Bushes from a purely classism point of view, but the idea that the Obama don't have any class is just plain stupid and obviously wrong. The Carters were often criticized for a lack of class during that presidency and Nancy Reagan was credited with restoring class to the White House (and buying new china).

It's hard to beat the Bushes from a purely classism point of view, but the idea that the Obama don't have any class is just plain stupid and obviously wrong. The Carters were often criticized for a lack of class during that presidency and Nancy Reagan was credited with restoring class to the White House (and buying new china).

and doing seances.

Yeah...this is a thing Republicans always like to say. Not sure you can claim it is racist just by that picture. It might very well have been but you don't know if that feeling is motivated by race as it has been said about plenty of white Democrats as well. No doubt it is stupid...that is easy to tell. Sometimes I think we confuse dumb criticism of President Obama with racism. They are not the same.

Yeah...this is a thing Republicans always like to say. Not sure you can claim it is racist just by that picture. It might very well have been but you don't know if that feeling is motivated by race as it has been said about plenty of white Democrats as well. No doubt it is stupid...that is easy to tell. Sometimes I think we confuse dumb criticism of President Obama with racism. They are not the same.

Oh, it's probably racist too.

Sure there is actual criticism to be had, however most people taking to Facebook posting shit like this are not doing so because they disagree based on the nuance of Obama's fiscal policies.

Sure there is actual criticism to be had, however most people taking to Facebook posting shit like this are not doing so because they disagree based on the nuance of Obama's fiscal policies.

People don't really get the nuance of policy, but they certainly have adapted to understand nuanced racism.

What was so "classy" about GB? He was a cowboy with an alcohol and coke problem. I thought that was supposed to be his charm, that he was a good ol' Texan that regular joes could relate to.

Back