• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

I'm saying, without knowing the person that posted it, that the picture being inherently racist is certainly feasible but not an automatic conclusion.

I think you can be racist without intending to be. Or, you can share a FB photo without realizing it has racist undertones, but that doesn't mean the racism isn't there.

In all fairness, I don't know the person who posted well enough to make a guess - though, obviously, they're a Republican.

Obviously all the dunking going on instead of baseball watching.

airflotus.0_standard_709.0.gif

Laura Bush would have done a fundamental lay-up off the square. Damn AAU culture in the White House!

Absolutely.

What basis is there for concluding that two Harvard-educated, wealthy married people with beautiful children are "lower class" than some Yale-educated, wealthy married people with children? There is no distinction to be made on wealth, marital status, education, mode of dress, decorum, or social reputation - in fact, one member of the "classy" family is an admitted recovering alcoholic and drug addict, notable "low class" behaviors. The only distinction here is race.

That said, perhaps this person is not addressing the current occupant of the oval office, but rather the purported 2016 anointed queen, Hilary Clinton. Now in that case, I would completely agree that the Bush family is "classier."

Pretty hard to compete with the Bush's old money class. They're super classy.

I think you can be racist without intending to be. Or, you can share a FB photo without realizing it has racist undertones, but that doesn't mean the racism isn't there.

In all fairness, I don't know the person who posted well enough to make a guess - though, obviously, they're a Republican.

Are you in Salisbury now? If so, chances are good that they're racist.

"Suspending Adrian Peterson, really. We have so much more violence and kids that don't care to respect their parents or others anymore. I was spanked by belts, switches etc. I know my generation was one of the last to be disciplined like this. It no longer matters what you think is best for yourself or your family bc the mass in society seem to know what's best. Discipline starts from day one. No wonder why teachers not only have to teach but discipline also. Next thing we know society will redesign the equipment football players wear! Ridiculous."

Some good comments in response too:

"I do believe in spanking going to far but removing the base of discipline from the house hold and making teachers deal with it is not cool. And for someone to tell me how to parent my children that they don't have a clue about or anything that deals with my family makes no sense. I recently almost had a friend lose his kid bc some idiots thought one thing and in reality was so far from what it was. But just bc this person saw something take place for the first time, he almost lost his heart bc of this "sumaritan!""

"America is back to Jim Crow era shit"

"It's like a huge snowball that people are too blind to see. Ultimately a higher percentage of our youth are not disciplined right. Contributes to them not being good students or dropping out of school. Which means intelligence of society goes down, availability of workers for certain jobs decline, increase in unemployment etc. So just because of this one thing it contributes to what people have decided to just blame our president instead of looking at how the intelligent part of society created, heavily contributes to. Oh not to mention some of those same kids not disciplined are contributing to voting of what created their stance. By the way "we" need a higher minimum wage now! <~ I kinda still agree with higher min wage. Damn you Obama!"

"Isn't it possible and proven that talking to someone about what was done wrong will not work. And I'm talking on the adult level, that has been proven in court. So if it's proven that it has a chance of not working for an adult, how can we expect communication to work for a kid that doesn't have a clue about the world?" :eek:

So which difference between the Bushes and Obamas are we trusting as the non-racist class distinguisher? Gotta be political leaning right? Can't be religion, economic status or education.

So which difference between the Bushes and Obamas are we trusting as the non-racist class distinguisher? Gotta be political leaning right? Can't be religion, economic status or education.

Yeah, I saw that as a stupid and typical right-wing FAMILY VALUES = CLASS thing.

War on Christmas, bringing race into everything, being a Muslim, being born in Kenya

Back