• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

It's not that the school freaked out when they saw it that bothered me. It's that they continued to freak out once it was obvious it was just a clock.

Right. The whole "hoax bomb" charge was a cover for their freak out.

2rqotgl.jpg

YOU+GOT+THE+JOKE+D.+Thought+that+FJers+would+be_8d423f_3279925.jpg

The claim is that he didn't build anything, that instead he lifted it right out of an existing kit and dropped it into a pencil box with his name on it.

Okay...so he repackaged an existing clock. Still completely irrelevant to the discussion, yet some people out there are holding it up like it some kind of smoking gun.

So the claim is that a 14 year old aspiring engineer took something apart and put it back together in a different way?

That's what kids who want to be engineers do.

So the claim is that a 14 year old aspiring engineer took something apart and put it back together in a different way?

Exactly. It doesn't make him a liar, it makes him a 14 year old kid who is learning how stuff works. The shit people come up with, man.

He didn't even really take it apart, he more or less just took the case off and put it into a pencil case that looked like a mini brief case. Thereby creating a device that looked like a stereotypical Hollywood bomb.

The reason why the school has continued to freak out about it is that they believe this kid intentionally brought something to school that he was well aware looked like a bomb. It has nothing to do with the fact this kid is Muslim, basically the kid did the equivalent of calling in a bomb threat.

Last edited:

No, the claim is that he moved the entire thing from container A to container B, at least that's how I'm reading the story right now.

If he dismantled it and reassembled it, that would be really cool. Many of our father's taught us about car engines that way!

Exactly. It doesn't make him a liar, it makes him a 14 year old kid who is learning how stuff works. The shit people come up with, man.

It would have been a 14 year old learning how stuff works, if he didn't tell the world that he made the clock. Come the fuck on people.

He didn't even really take it apart, he more or less just took the case off and put it into a pencil case that looked like a mini brief case. Thereby creating a device that looked like a stereotypical Hollywood bomb.

The reason why the school has continued to freak out about it is that they believe this kid intentionally brought something to school that he was well aware looked like a bomb. It has nothing to do with the fact this kid is Muslim, basically the kid did the equivalent of calling in a bomb threat.

Then why wasn't the school evacuated?

I have a 12 year old in an engineering club at his school. No doubt they will be doing things with circuitry and taking their projects to school, and I doubt very much his lily white ass will be detained for bringing a device that an idiot might confuse with a bomb.

Plenty of white kids, as well, have been caught up in school hypersensitivity for one thing or another.

Could the fact that he was a Muslim be a factor? Sure, although I don't think my religious affiliation was ever brought up in public school.

More like he looks Muslim and has a "Muslim" name than his religion just "brought up."

Not much doubt that a white guy named "Chris" who presumably grew up in the south didn't have his religion questioned much in the70's/80's is there?

Plenty of white kids, as well, have been caught up in school hypersensitivity for one thing or another.

Could the fact that he was a Muslim be a factor? Sure, although I don't think my religious affiliation was ever brought up in public school.

You weren't brought up in school as a Muslim in a post 9/11 world filled with Islamophobia.

You weren't brought up in school as a Muslim in a post 9/11 world filled with Islamophobia.

Sounds like Nawaf al-Hazmi should have thought more about the future suspicion of his Muslim brothers before he aimed that plane, no? A-salaam alaikum.

The rules are different for Chris L vs. Ahmed Mohammed. That's not right.

Sounds like Nawaf al-Hazmi should have thought more about the future suspicion of his Muslim brothers before he aimed that plane, no? A-salaam alaikum.

They did think about it. Al-Qaeda wants a war between the West and Islam. That's their end goal in all this shit.

More like everyone could stand to remember the "don't judge a book by its cover" lesson that we all got when we were five. Apparently a few kids skipped that day. Or they were raised in a single parent household where having a second parent was required for that lesson amirite?

The school and district might get the benefit of the doubt if they hadn't already demonstrated multiple examples of islamphobia, interrogated him for hours and suspended him.

Back