• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Into what hour of the interrogation were these scholastic Jack Bauer's convinced that it wasn't a bomb? Seems like evacuating the school would have been a higher priority than scaring the shit out of a nerdy freshman.

I am from a Muslim family and absolutely grew up in a post 9/11 world. I agree with 2&2 not everything is about race/religion. The kid made a device that looked like a bomb and brought it to school. Those are exactly the kids I want detained and questioned.

He saw a cover to hide under the race card when then media got involved and it snowballed from there. This kid is a criminal, liar, and has raised money on fraudulent terms. Fuck him.

Those are fighting words.

Into what hour of the interrogation were these scholastic Jack Bauer's convinced that it wasn't a bomb? Seems like evacuating the school would have been a higher priority than scaring the shit out of a nerdy freshman.

They figured out it wasn't a bomb faster than the White House figured out he didn't really build a clock, so let's not go too hard on our brave, underpaid, front-line educators.

12042636_10207802700093704_4265566265029149757_n.jpg

This made me laugh more than it should have.

Then why was he arrested?

Sounds like a fine line to walk between: (1) thought it was a bomb but didn't evacuate the school and (2) figured out fast enough that it wasn't a bomb so that the school didn't need to be evacuated but not fast enough to not arrest the kid.

Either the school was negligent in evacuation or the police and school unnecessarily arrested the kid. I don't really see how it can be both since even 15 minutes of legitimately fearing it was a bomb would be enough time to get everyone out of the school if they really thought it was a credible enough threat to arrest the kid. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Then why was he arrested?

Sounds like a fine line to walk between: (1) thought it was a bomb but didn't evacuate the school and (2) figured out fast enough that it wasn't a bomb so that the school didn't need to be evacuated but not fast enough to not arrest the kid.

Either the school was negligent in evacuation or the police and school unnecessarily arrested the kid. I don't really see how it can be both since even 15 minutes of legitimately fearing it was a bomb would be enough time to get everyone out of the school if they really thought it was a credible enough threat to arrest the kid. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Does anyone else find it fascinating how these random stories always manage to break so easily along political lines? Dentist poaches a famous lion and is shamed for it: Republicans side with the dentist. Muslim kid brings a clock project to school that sorta kinda looks suspicious and is shamed for it: Republicans side with the school. I don't get it.

Bill Maher fucking nails it.

Bill Maher is freaking idiot. If you're scared its a bomb you fucking evacuate the school and a they send in a fucking robot into the school to see if its a fucking bomb. These are a bunch of assholes covering their own asses for terrorizing a young kid out of paranoid islamophobic outrage. At what point in any of that 2nd hand story from Mark Cuban convinced you that the school acted correctly and was justified at all? A kid carries his science project to 6 different classrooms, and the 6th teacher gets scared, so the kid is interrogated like a criminal for hours and arrested and suspended? If its a fucking bomb, it had 5 other classroom periods to blow up and kill everyone. Am I taking crazy pills here?

and dear God don't let bomb expert Bill Maher ever crack open his cellphone or build a radio control car, he'd shit his pants in terror.

So I guess Doritos has out some rainbow chips to support the "It gets better" campaign to prevent LGBT teen suicide. Dude who trolled the Target haters a few weeks ago is back...

Screen-Shot-2015-09-23-at-7.16.44-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2015-09-23-at-7.18.52-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2015-09-23-at-7.19.39-AM.png

This is great. I lost it at the "Thank you for your 43 years as a world wide connoisseur of our famous Doritos".

I also enjoyed this one.

5601a0011c00004800082c89.png

What I really don't understand (and maybe someone can help me with this) is if the teacher/administration actually thought that they were dealing with a bomb or some type of threat, why was the building not evacuated? It's standard procedure in any school in this country that if you see something that resembles a bomb that you don't touch it, move it, dick around with it, etc. You immediately notify the administration and authorities and begin to evacuate the building and nobody goes back into that building or even gets anywhere near it, under any circumstances, until the authorities have deemed it safe. If they thought for an instant that there was a bomb in the building or the kid made any indication that he had a bomb, that procedure kicks in and it's non-negotiable.

With this being the standard operating procedure for any school in America, it leaves us with two possible conclusions: 1) the school administration and police acted negligently in a way that could have endangered the lives of the people in the building, or 2) the school administration and police knew that it was not a bomb the entire time and singled this kid out.

I haven't read anything about this - other than the last couple of pages here - but there is a 3). The school administration and police knew that it was not a bomb, but wanted to investigate whether the kid brought it to school to scare people (like a bomb threat) or whether the kid had been online reading about building bombs.

They may have over reacted, but the 'they didn't clear the building, so there were just being islamophobic' narrative seems to be over-simplifying the situation.

Speaking of overreacting - check out this link on a 7 yo getting suspended for chewing a pop tart into the shape of a mountain - that the teacher thought looked like a gun:
http://www.examiner.com/article/7-year-old-boy-josh-welch-suspended-for-shaping-his-food-into-a-gun

Last edited:
Back