• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

8f647d4a37b4415de2f7d96f3daf38d3.jpg

Is that Facebook Gold from the future? Her Wiki starts "Monica Samille Lewinsky (born July 23, 1973)"

It's starting to bother me how many people prepare for very low probability events like an domestic attack by ISIS or winning the lottery.

You were alive during the Y2K shenanigans. It's not like this is a new thing.

Memorial Day says hello. Don't double dip.

To be fair, Memorial Day is remembering those killed and Veteran's Day is honoring those who have served. So it's not technically double dipping.

growing up in a Navy town we had Veterans Day off from PreK-12th grade. I haven't had it off since then.

I wanna say MLK Day is the only Federal Holiday Wake Forest didn't have school.

It's starting to bother me how many people prepare for very low probability events like an domestic attack by ISIS, winning the lottery or being a victim of a police shooting.

FIFY

There have been 45 people killed by jihadist terrorists on American soil since 9.11.01. There were over 1,000 people killed in America last year by a police officer. While both are very small odds in the whole scheme of things, the likelihood of being killed by ISIS on American soil is 4,000 times less likely than being killed by a police officer.

There have been 45 people killed by jihadist terrorists on American soil since 9.11.01. There were over 1,000 people killed in America last year by a police officer. While both are very small odds in the whole scheme of things, the likelihood of being killed by ISIS on American soil is 4,000 times less likely than being killed by a police officer.
What are your odds if you're a black man?

"Black people should take care of their own communities first" is a cry that has been made since the days of slavery - especially in the post-Reconstruction era up through the civil rights movement in the 60's. There are plenty of primary sources parroting this argument in the Jim Crow South and it's just been recycled and used today. I can't help but think a lot of people pimping the black-on-black crime stats would be pushing the same ideological argument in the 1950's that they are today.

Back