• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Not to mention it's a huge logistical fail to say: "black people are killing themselves, so it doesn't matter if police officers are killing them too."

"Black people should take care of their own communities first" is a cry that has been made since the days of slavery - especially in the post-Reconstruction era up through the civil rights movement in the 60's. There are plenty of primary sources parroting this argument in the Jim Crow South and it's just been recycled and used today. I can't help but think a lot of people pimping the black-on-black crime stats would be pushing the same ideological argument in the 1950's that they are today.

#All people should care of their own communities first. It's true of every community.

Not to mention it's a huge logistical fail to say: "black people are killing themselves, so it doesn't matter if police officers are killing them too."

Good thing no one is saying that, but were just talking about probabilities. Then suddenly we weren't.

However, if someone did say that, I would hope they would not encounter any logistical hurdles in doing so.

Black-on-black crime and black individuals being incarcerated by the criminal justice system/killed by police at a disproportionately high rate are all important issues. To say that the latter two topics should not be addressed because you personally believe that black communities are not doing enough to "fix" the former does not seem like a good policy decision.

Black-on-black crime and black individuals being incarcerated by the criminal justice system/killed by police at a disproportionately high rate are all important issues. To say that the latter two topics should not be addressed because you personally believe that black communities are not doing enough to "fix" the former does not seem like a good policy decision.

*sigh*

Link?

Aren't police supposed to help stop people from killing people too?

As far as Veterans Day, how many school holidays honor the living? (Aside from Good Friday and Christmas of course)

If you can find three posts you've ever made that includes any sort of plan to address systemic racism (hell i'll even accept one single post where you've ever acknowledged in good faith that you even believe systemic racism exists) and the disproportionate use of force by police against people of color I would be stunned. I'll accept that as a loss if you can do either.

Hm, this thread seems to have gone off course. Let's see what we can get from Curt Schilling's facebook:

Let's be clear, when it says Temp 17 (feels like 3) it's 3, not 17, it's 3 degrees out. I don't give a rats ass what a thermometer says, if it feels like 3 it's 3.

For anyone trying to debunk anything on my page by using Snopes, No intelligent objective person would rely on a single, biased source for real answers to important questions. So do NOT post a link to Snopes as your rebuttal, do your own work and rebut if that is what you want to do, use more than 1-2 references, or just move along.

Curt Schilling is a Snopes truther.

Why do you have to cite your work to rebut him but he doesn't cite anything to support his crazy shit? Seems odd

If you can find three posts you've ever made that includes any sort of plan to address systemic racism (hell i'll even accept one single post where you've ever acknowledged in good faith that you even believe systemic racism exists) and the disproportionate use of force by police against people of color I would be stunned. I'll accept that as a loss if you can do either.

A) Finish your education
B) Make responsible family choices
C) Work.

Statistically, nothing works better.

Last edited:
If you finish your education, make responsible family choices, and work you are still statistically more likely to be killed by police, incarcerated for minor drug offenses, and be the subject of a stop and frisk if you're black than if you're white.

Just keep trolling, trolling, trolling. Just keep trolling, trolling, trolling.

Please tell me the ethnic groups you believe are incapable of adhering to the empirically most successful path to upward mobility. My list is none. Yours?

Please tell me the ethnic groups you believe are incapable of adhering to the empirically most successful path to upward mobility. My list is none. Yours?

Just keep trolling, trolling, trolling. Just keep trolling, trolling, trolling.

If you finish your education, make responsible family choices, and work you are still statistically more likely to be killed by police, incarcerated for minor drug offenses, and be the subject of a stop and frisk if you're black than if you're white.

If you finish your education, make responsible family choices and work, you are statistically more likely to move upward economically than be killed by police, become incarcerated for minor drug offense than if you don't.

That's what we're trying to accomplish, isn't it?

424671_310299605769891_1691899123_n.jpg

There have been 45 people killed by jihadist terrorists on American soil since 9.11.01. There were over 1,000 people killed in America last year by a police officer. While both are very small odds in the whole scheme of things, the likelihood of being killed by ISIS on American soil is 4,000 times less likely than being killed by a police officer.

What are the odds of an innocent person being killed by a jihadist terrorist v. an innocent person being killed by the police ?

What are the odds of an innocent person being killed by a jihadist terrorist v. an innocent person being killed by the police ?

Trick question. Police only kill guilty people.

Back