• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Yeah, no - he's a well established Islamophobe.

Yeah if your a leftist tribalist who lacks critical thinking skills, then yea your right. You literally posted a single tweet by a rando as validation of your opinion. Cmon man.

a single tweet by a rando as validation of your opinion. Cmon man.

I mean, he's a verified account with 50k followers, an author, law professor, expert in the subject, with profiles in the NYT and the Guardian, but sure, "rando". Let me go find a quote from Charlie Daniels or some hack from Fox & Friends.

Bill Maher does not hide from the fact that he is ant-organized religion (all) Has said that there are some positives to religion because it keeps people grounded

How is Bill Maher an Islamophobe?
There are plenty of examples for you to just google "Bill Maher Islam", but the jist is that his critique of the religion itself is always completely focused on modern middle eastern cultural sectarian warfare. He interprets ME political events and overgeneralizes about a religion of billions, in a very crude and hateful way, in which he himself specifies is different than his critique of Christianity, Judiasm, etc.

https://www.thenation.com/article/cowardice-bill-mahers-anti-muslim-bigotry/

Besides interpreting Maher yourself, read the Muslim perspectives on Bill Maher.

There are plenty of examples for you to just google "Bill Maher Islam"

Why is this a recurring salvo among board posters?

Whenever I ask a question, I want to hear your personal opinion; not piece together a bunch of Google results to try and make sense of something I've never heard before. It's weird. Don't you value your own perspective? Is it rhetoric to make your argument seem accepted by all? Or is it just snarky? Asking truthfully.

Whenever I ask a question, I want to hear your personal opinion; not piece together a bunch of Google results to try and make sense of something I've never heard before. It's weird. Don't you value your own perspective? Is it rhetoric to make your argument seem accepted by all? Or is it just snarky? Asking truthfully.

because it's difficult to quickly and succinctly articulate perspectives when you can find a better-written version online?

Edit - What ITC said. There are scholars on the subject who have already expressed my opinions more succinctly then I would.

Last edited:
So then why does this board exist. Why not just post threads with topics and then post links to better written articles instead of circulating watered-down opinions as if they were our own?

I understand you want to hear my personal opinion, but a claimed ignorance on your part betrays a lack of genuine curiousity.

I'll direct a genuine question back at you. Why are you unfamiliar with muslim critiques of Bill Maher? They are just as readily available to you as Bill Mahers show is, if not more.
Lol what. It is a true ignorance because I've never seen an episode of Bill Maher's show.

You are inferring my experience with this topic a little too much.

"why are you unfamiliar with muslim perspectives on Bill Maher" might be one of the GOAT board knee-cappings

I deleted that too late. It was an asshole response. Sorry Kory. I have good faith in your curiousity.

Back