• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

not even sure why I came in the Tunnels to be honest. y'all really hate questions.

Eh. theoretically serious.

If there are better-written arguments "out there" why do you do what you do here?

i mean, people post articles to spur conversations all time. I think the request to ask others to 'google some shit' about a topic first is asking them to form a more informed opinion.

Being 100% honest, a lot of my opinions on bigotry and descrimination are just straight up regurgitated from POC sources whom I trust - because I don't experience and interpret things the way they do. I have watched Bill Maher talk about Islam a few times and I thought he was a fucking asshole making cliche jokes about bombs and shit, but i've never written an essay about it.

I mean, he's a verified account with 50k followers, an author, law professor, expert in the subject, with profiles in the NYT and the Guardian, but sure, "rando". Let me go find a quote from Charlie Daniels or some hack from Fox & Friends.

My step sister is Muslim she has like 15,000 followers, has an internship with the NYT'S, she doesn't think Maher is an Islamophobist, so there ya gooooo.

Your rando is some dude who makes a living race baiting, SHOCKING he feels that way. Carry on big boy.

Last edited:
My step sister is Muslim she has like 15,000 followers, has an internship with the NYT'S, she doesn't think Maher is an Islamophobia, so there ya gooooo.

reminds me of this:

https://i.redd.it/rpqc3l35kuv01.png

which also reminded me that when I was in elementary school (and it continued at least through when i graduated high school) our system had "Japan Day". The elementary kids would go from room to room learning about different aspects of Japanese culture (foods, kabuki, other stuff i can't remember). It was very popular (maybe still is?). I don't recall any other ethnic celebrations. Weird

Last edited:
My step sister is Muslim she has like 15,000 followers, has an internship with the NYT'S, she doesn't think Maher is an Islamophobist, so there ya gooooo.

Your rando is some dude who makes a living race baiting, SHOCKING he feels that way. Carry on big boy.
Shocking that a guy who uses the term "race baiting" doesn't find a problem with Bill Maher. I'll give you credit, it's at least a step in the right direction that you asked a Muslim.

Being 100% honest, a lot of my opinions on bigotry and descrimination are just straight up regurgitated from POC sources whom I trust - because I don't experience and interpret things the way they do. I have watched Bill Maher talk about Islam a few times and I thought he was a fucking asshole making cliche jokes about bombs and shit, but i've never written an essay about it.

This is definitely true, Bill Mather is not very funny. His attacks on Islam are boorish and unsophisticated. Putting him on equal footing with Sam Harris is not fair to Sam Harris.

33941977_1881448448541434_3802384918525247488_n.jpg

LOL. Given that FBI statistics indicate that the great majority of homicides are committed not by strangers, but by someone the victim knows, you can argue that having a gun in your house actually makes you less safe. If I remember the number right, it was something like 75% of all homicides are committed by someone the victim knew. Not that the facts matter in these types of arguments, of course.

the gun lobby always likes to pretend that they're just trying to make sure innocent ladies can defend themselves from rapists. Reality:

The presence of a gun in a domestic violence situation makes it five times more likely that a woman will be killed.1
Women in the U.S. are 16 times more likely to be killed with a gun than women in other high-income countries, making this country the most dangerous in the developed world when it comes to gun violence against women.2 Every year American women suffer from 5.3 million incidents of intimate partner violence.3
In an average month, 50 American women are shot to death by intimate partners,4 and many more are injured. Nearly 1 million women alive today have been shot, or shot at, by an intimate partner.5
Abusers use guns to threaten and control their victims, even if they never pull the trigger.

About 4.5 million American women alive today have been threatened with a gun by an intimate partner.6

I know everyone with a gun imagines they will get the drop on their assailant, but assuming you don't, pulling your own gun is a fantastic way to escalate a situation and get yourself shot.

one of my FB friends is an out and proud gay man who is also an ardent religion-hating atheist. he puts up some interesting stuff.

34441726_1724908160936538_1963219698346622976_n.jpg

One industry is less subsidized by government than it was back then and one is more subsidized by government than it was back then.

Back