• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

“Rube suggests a conspiracy theory”

“OWG Veteran doesn’t exercise critical thinking”

“Protest a cause that can unite us.”

I feel sorry for you that you never got drafted and sent to Vietnam.

Letter 2: I "fought" for your freedom, so I can define it however I damn well please.

I often wonder how many of these guys (it's almost always guys) who write in draping themselves in the flag of being a "veteran" actually saw combat. At least 80% of the US military is non-combat jobs, and that was the case even in WWII, Vietnam, etc. Anybody who served between the end of Vietnam and the beginning of Afghanistan was very likely to get their time in and out without ever seeing combat. In the Navy and Air Force the percentage is even higher. I note that this particular letter writer doesn't specifically claim that he "fought" just that he served under the flag in a foreign country. Plenty of uniformed mechanics and dentists rotated in and out of Germany since WWII.

How did people who fought in a war we lost protect our freedom?

How did people who fought in a war we lost protect our freedom?

giphy.webp

Can you guys just laugh at my leftist meme without concern for historical accuracy?

Back