• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Shooting. I spent far more time in a building than on a road in a car. I'd be shocked if a car could get to my office.

You're probably still more likely to get killed by a car while walking or driving than to get shot in an office or anywhere else. Biff's point is that we don't give enough weight in our daily lives to how dangerous cars are, which I think is right. Not that that is any kind of reason not to ban/further regulate guns.

5a860c28d0307219008b45d4-750-872.png

So what's your point?

I've read that a person is more likely to be killed walking home drunk than driving home drunk, so we need to ban legs.

So what's your point?

The point is that cars are dangerous, something that you argue against because people don't really die all that often while using a car which is a dumb way of looking at it.

I've read that a person is more likely to be killed walking home drunk than driving home drunk, so we need to ban legs.

If only someone had advocated for banning cars on this thread. Oh wait, that didn't happen.

If only someone had advocated for banning cars on this thread. Oh wait, that didn't happen.

This wasn't in reference to you -- it was in reference generally to the rubes who talk about banning cars because they're dangerous whenever someone raises the idea of regulating firearms.

Everyone know cars are dangerous, Biff. They are also highly regulated and provide a valuable service.

The point is that cars are dangerous, something that you argue against because people don't really die all that often while using a car which is a dumb way of looking at it.
I don't think you're stupid, but this whole argument (not quite a strawman) is terribly fucking stupid. Everybody knows that cars are fucking dangerous and that it's a risk all of us take every day. But nobody on earth except a troll or an idiot would honestly posit that cars are more dangerous than guns. Come on.

I feel reasonably more likely to be killed in an automobile accident than by a gun.

Ergo we regulate the shit out of cars and driving. The issue is that guns, while less present in most of our day to day lives, are even more dangerous than cars when they are present but remain largely and comparatively wildly unregulated.

The only reason to not be #teambiff is to self justify the amount one has spent on the ongoing gun violence thread

Biff can start a car violence thread if he wants.

All right. I’m convoying right. Let’s move on to the next Facebook post.

So what Palma is saying is that in response to this question...

So, you're minding your own business, going about your day. Are you more likely to be killed in a traffic accident or in a shooting ?

...the fact that I’m only on the road for about 30 min a day isn’t relevant?

I think we all know you aren't poor, in a gang, or dealing drugs. You're probably at least 10 times more likely to die in that 30 minute ride every day.

I think we all know you aren't poor, in a gang, or dealing drugs. You're probably at least 10 times more likely to die in that 30 minute ride every day.

I still don’t know what the point of this discussion is. I do know Palma doesn’t like his own medicine.

I still don’t know what the point of this discussion is. I do know Palma doesn’t like his own medicine.

you said something others perceive as wrong and thus an argument ensued. In other words, what message boards were created for.

you said something others perceive as wrong and thus an argument ensued. In other words, what message boards were created for.

Others? That’s generous.

Back