• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Good luck to all of you commuters going 70 mph in morning traffic today. I hope nobody pops a cap in your ass while you sit at your desk or hit the deli for lunch.

Are people seriously making the argument that they are more likely to die being shot than in a car accident?

Good luck to all of you commuters going 70 mph in morning traffic today. I hope nobody pops a cap in your ass while you sit at your desk or hit the deli for lunch.

I’m a good guy with a car. I can stop bad guys with a car.

Are people seriously making the argument that they are more likely to die being shot than in a car accident?

No, the argument is that guns are just as, if not more, dangerous than cars and should probably be regulated at least as, or more, stringently.

This discussion is more evidence that Trumpian distraction tactics work. A ridiculous proposal is mentioned (no need to regulate guns because cars are just as dangerous) and an inaccurate response is posited (we are more at risk from guns than cars). Then we spend time debating the accuracy of the response. The distraction works because people (including me) actually care about the subject of the distraction ploy (the underappreciated deadliness of driving).

In short, owning the lib-nerds.

This discussion is more evidence that Trumpian distraction tactics work. A ridiculous proposal is mentioned (no need to regulate guns because cars are just as dangerous) and an inaccurate response is posited (we are more at risk from guns than cars). Then we spend time debating the accuracy of the response. The distraction works because people (including me) actually care about the subject of the distraction ploy (the underappreciated deadliness of driving).

In short, owning the lib-nerds.
Well put. And the "inaccurate response" is exactly the definition of a strawman argument.

Was the Scott Walker venn diagram posted on this thread? I'm too lazy to go back and check. Regardless, I saw this on FB today and thought immediately that someone should send it to Scott Walker to educate him on how venn diagrams work:

48120747_10156502871710568_8673910552780603392_n.jpg

ugh. no, that's the video of the one lion trying to fend off all the hyenas, and it's about to go down, but then its brother lion (trump, here) shows up and helps him and together they fend off all the hyenas and then they sing Hakuna Matata.

ugh. no, that's the video of the one lion trying to fend off all the hyenas, and it's about to go down, but then its brother lion (trump, here) shows up and helps him and together they fend off all the hyenas and then they sing Hakuna Matata.

maybe it's Donald Trump being a wuss and sitting on the sidelines. he likes to talk shit on Twitter but not to anyone's face.

I don't see western civilization in the second picture-I guess the Trump lion destroyed him/it as well?

Because higher education is trying to end Western “civilisation” according to the people who can’t spell American.

Back