• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

"Obama is killing me with his garbage that I really hope no one is falling for. He has now said multiple times that he will be happy to negotiate with Republicans, but not until they fund the government and increase the debt limit. Hello!!! if they do that then there would be no reason for Obama to negotiate because he would have gotten everything he wanted already."

This guy got quite a few likes and several written comments before I decided to chime in with a few facts to dispute the Fox News talking points: The Senate has indeed voted to fund the government. Boehner is blocking a vote in the House on the Senate CR that would most likely pass. The Democrats have already negotiated and made significant concessions on government spending (10% less than the 2010 Ryan plan) and Boehner refused to honor the deal. The shutdown has been planned by conservative think tanks since at least February. A local politician chimed in to try and shut down the logic, but was easily refuted. The post and all comments were deleted yesterday evening.

This guy got quite a few likes and several written comments before I decided to chime in with a few facts to dispute the Fox News talking points: The Senate has indeed voted to fund the government. Boehner is blocking a vote in the House on the Senate CR that would most likely pass. The Democrats have already negotiated and made significant concessions on government spending (10% less than the 2010 Ryan plan) and Boehner refused to honor the deal. The shutdown has been planned by conservative think tanks since at least February. A local politician chimed in to try and shut down the logic, but was easily refuted. The post and all comments were deleted yesterday evening.

I'm shocked that a productive dialogue didn't emerge.

525226_356019487831512_1090242571_n.jpg

So this is the conversation I've been having on facebook with my "friend" (she may get defriended soon). Enjoy.

Me: Yep, that's false, especially the Kaleidoscope Flowers stamps.

Friend: I don't trust him anyway so I'll stick with the American flag stamps ..... U still take up for him? .... He's the anti-Christ nothing but trouble since he was elected.

Friend: (her husband) said if you keep believing in him he will bleed you dry!! He suckered everyone into him and now we will pay... Even us who hated him from the beginning. The only ones exempt from his healthcare are Muslims congress and senate ,...???? That's crazy !!

Friend: I'm proud to say I didn't vote for him cause I would hate for anyone to think I did .... He's an idiot.... I am a republican but I would vote either way according to the values and beliefs of who is running not based on what party they are affiliated with.... Anyone who can't salute the American flag and pray for our country doesn't deserve the job

Another friend who's on my side: did u miss the prayers he gave in Arizona, Newton, 9/11 anniversary...? Have u also chosen to ignore the fact that America has Muslims who are American and pay taxes and abide by the laws...it would help if you watched several news sources and knew what was going on in the world because im pretty sure you would at least come to the realization that America is a melting pot!

friend: you are crazy.... Obama has totally ignored our constitution.
Remember, Obama did not wear an American flag pin; and did not place his hand on his heart while our national anthem was playing. Obama went around the world apologizing for the United States; Obama knelled down to the Saudi King, the emperor of Japan and the head of China – no other U.S. President has every done that !

Obama stated he was going to have the most “open” and “transparent” administration. Where is it? What a joke ! Obama must think the American public will accept anything Obama says.

It is time for all of us wake-up and see how Obama has been hurting the USA.

Obama said on 09/03/12 that his efforts for the past four [4] years on the economy is “incomplete”. Incomplete – yes, to continue to destroy / devastate this country.

Obama must be exposed and forced to remove from office – NOW ! .... You can take up for him all you want .. As for me being better informed .... I must know more than you .... Are you not being affected any by the new healthcare or have any family affected... If so you wouldn't take his side trust me .... Educate yourself about it and see what you learn !! and I'm not fighting with you about it because he ain't worth speaking of but as far as an education goes..... You can't educate stupid....

Dude, this chick has to be one of your high school acquaintances from Ashe. That blend between Southern and Appalachian stupid is a potent brew indeed.

Dude, this chick has to be one of your high school acquaintances from Ashe. That blend between Southern and Appalachian stupid is a potent brew indeed.

Yep. We actually worked together for a couple years when I was doing mortgages. I've wanted to correct her spelling and grammar but held myself back.

1380415_653721601315547_1448752934_n.jpg

Pretty sure my sister-in-law just trolls me at this point now. She knows her little sister would kill me if I took her on, so she posts this dumb crap all day.

Back