• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook

Wastebook?

I guesss I'm in the minority....never signed up. Never saw enough value. I do understand, though, why people like it.

I find it increasingly more pointless as I get older. Nothing but babies and links to articles titled "[insert number] things every [insert mother, father, wife, husband, etc.] should [insert a verb, e.g. know, do, say, etc.]."

I cede to the Dalai Lama on this issue:

Q: Do Facebook and Twitter help or hurt our happiness?

A: It depends on how you use them. If the person, himself or herself, has a certain inner strength, a certain confidence, then it is no problem. But if an individual’s mind is weak, then there is more confusion. You can’t blame technology. It depends on the user of the technology.

All you lames just have weak minds.

You have a baby and I'm un-friending you. Not hidden...un-friended. Babies make everyone insufferable.

moreso i think it's when the chicks i knew stopped posting bikini shots and started posting baby shots. UNSUBSCRIBE.

This man speaks truth. Gone are the days when you knew your feed was going to be solid after everyone got back from SB.

I'm too old to have had Facebook in my 20s and it would be too creepy for me to like any pictures of interest from younger female friends.

I'm friends with Freak on Facebook but I've only seen maybe one or two of those running posts because Facebook knows I don't really care.

Yeah I'm just messing anyway. Stuff like that motivates me to get off my lazy ass and get outside.

Wastebook?

I guesss I'm in the minority....never signed up. Never saw enough value. I do understand, though, why people like it.

Same, I have zero use for it. Most, if not all of my friends know how to get in touch with me through other outlets.

why do people need facebook for this? laziness?

Or for those in the over 40 group, I was able to reconnect with people that I had lost touch with for years. Which for most dudes means getting to see which chicks that you used to bang in high school and college kept up and aged well.

lol at some of the posts on this thread that are pro-FB. "Its easy, just hide this and that" "block the annoying people from your feed" and "we set up secret groups to get away from the annoying people" I understand the FB software completely and the convenience, but look at all the bullshit you are going through to mechanize your friendships and interactions with people on a computer. That's cool for you if thats what you want to do, but I found it wasn't for me.

Plus, I don't really want to keep up with all kinds of stuff on all those people. People are more interesting when I don't know or don't remember half the shit there is to know about them. That's why (naturally) we forget some people and keep up with others, and forget some things about people and not others. I don't want a computer keeping up with all that shit that my mind would filter out as I forgot about them but hey knock yourself out.

I don’t go on Facebook all that often anymore, but I’ve never been tempted to get rid of it. My friends are entertaining and I don’t talk to them every day, wouldn’t want to miss out on all that wit and all those adorable pics. Plus I’ve hidden everyone who annoys me by flooding my timeline.

lol at some of the posts on this thread that are pro-FB. "Its easy, just hide this and that" "block the annoying people from your feed" and "we set up secret groups to get away from the annoying people" I understand the FB software completely and the convenience, but look at all the bullshit you are going through to mechanize your friendships and interactions with people on a computer. That's cool for you if thats what you want to do, but I found it wasn't for me.

Plus, I don't really want to keep up with all kinds of stuff on all those people. People are more interesting when I don't know or don't remember half the shit there is to know about them. That's why (naturally) we forget some people and keep up with others, and forget some things about people and not others. I don't want a computer keeping up with all that shit but hey knock yourself out.

So I'm assuming you only interact with people face to face, right? No written letters, no phone calls, no e-mail, no texting. Because those newfangled technologies would just mechanize your friendship

So I'm assuming you only interact with people face to face, right? No written letters, no phone calls, no e-mail, no texting. Because those newfangled technologies would just mechanize your friendship

oh my you got me there. I was wrong, Facebook is KILLER!!!!!

If you don't understand the difference then I don't know what to tell you. Go play on Facebook

I'm actually a little bit sad for WnB. I wish you didn't have so many lame friends, bud. You'll get there one day.

Back