• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fall Billboard and/or Airbanner

You know what? I really dont care what our uninspired players think about anything. They suck. Somebody needs to tell the players, coaches, and wellman to shut the heck up and compete. Or just quit.

It would be a big fucking waste to not fly it during the game. Maximize eyeballs.

I couldn't open the link. 30 min is perfect. I think we fly 15min prior for tailgaiting and first 15 min of the start of the game. Fire Wellman has nothing to do with the players.

Agree with all these posts. That being said I'm not donating jack until I know where the billboard money is. No offense Stratt, you did a great job with the Newspaper Ad. Just think we should take the Billboard money and use it for the Aerial Banner.

I still don't have the link as the one that was previously posted did not work. The left over billboard $$$ should be put towards this. I donated to the billboard thinking there would be a spring and fall billboard. So far there is no word on a fall billboard so that isn't going to happen. My money already isn't going towards what I thought it would go towards. I am perfectly happy with the air banner. Let's just call it an air billboard to make everyone happy. Someone find out how much RSF has to put towards this so we know how much we need to make.

I thought the second billboard would come during basketball season?

Did I think people would look up in the air at the airplane and try to get other people to look as well? Yes.

Did I imagine a scene in which Ron Wellman is glad handing big wigs and sees the plane and crushes a glass in his hand and says, "Curse those Strattons and damn them to hell!"? Yes.

I thought the second billboard would come during basketball season?

That has always been my understanding.

The problem with shifting the money from the billboard fund to a plane banner, in my opinion, is that people donated that money for billboards. Unless you can somehow get the OK from all those that donated, I'm not sure it is ethical to move that money to another venture. And I just don't see how it is possible to track down everyone that donated since it went beyond these boards -- I saw numerous links on both Twitter and Facebook about the crowdtilt page.

The situation has changed. If those of us who contributed to the billboard had any idea what the fall would be like. It is still a sort of billboard. We have got to get the board thinking now rather than waiting until spring.

That has always been my understanding.

The problem with shifting the money from the billboard fund to a plane banner, in my opinion, is that people donated that money for billboards. Unless you can somehow get the OK from all those that donated, I'm not sure it is ethical to move that money to another venture. And I just don't see how it is possible to track down everyone that donated since it went beyond these boards -- I saw numerous links on both Twitter and Facebook about the crowdtilt page.

Gotta stick with the billboard and hope we get a better location (even if it's electronic therefore cheaper) closer to the Arena and/or University. That will really ratchet up the national pub for this shit storm that has engulfed our alma mater like Katrina engulfed SoLa.

Please forget putting it on 52-----maximize exposure and put it on Hawthorne Hill/Business 40.

Best exposure would be on the Wake scoreboard. Why not try to buy time there?

I'll say it again... I hope that at least part of the leftover billboard money was used as a deposit to reserve a prime billboard location for use during basketball season. If that has not happened yet, it really needs to happen soon. That said, I did donate to the billboard and have no problem with re-purposing some of that money to the air banner.

Last edited:
If anyone that donated towards the billboard has a problem with it now going towards an AIRBANNER then they need to go as well.

Where is RSF?

Hilton-Bora-Bora-Nui-Presidential-Suite.jpg

RSF PMed me about a month ago saying that he could no longer do the billboard for personal reasons. He promised to send me the remaining 2k via Paypal but I haven't received it yet.

If we wanted to use the billboard money towards a banner, we would need to see if crowdtilt provided him emails and then contact everyone who donated.

I will fix the PayPal link to the banner tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry. I'm here. I meant to send the funds to Strattocaster but forgot about it until he PMed me a reminder earlier this week.

Here's the scoop: I'm not going to be able to actually head up the billboard this time around, mostly for professional reasons. I obviously support the cause wholeheartedly, and will give input for any ideas that are thrown out there, but I can't be the bro to actually do anything, nor can I be a face for the cause. This is the same reason why I went AWOL after the first billboard's media response, and why I declined any interviews or stories. If anybody wants more details, I'd be happy to discuss things in private.

For now, though, the money's Strattocaster's. I might have to transfer it to him tomorrow, because it's in a savings account rather than a checking account. Hang on, I'll go check Paypal to see if I can do it now.

How could you not put up a billboard for "personal reasons?" Is he now boning Wellman/Bzz?

Or does "personal reasons" mean, I spent it on myself?

Just tossed it your way, Strattocaster... Lemme know if you see it.

Should be $2012.00. I am keeping the $0.41 in interest, because FUCK Y'ALL SUCKS TO SUCK

Sorry. I'm here. I meant to send the funds to Strattocaster but forgot about it until he PMed me a reminder earlier this week.

Here's the scoop: I'm not going to be able to actually head up the billboard this time around, mostly for professional reasons. I obviously support the cause wholeheartedly, and will give input for any ideas that are thrown out there, but I can't be the bro to actually do anything, nor can I be a face for the cause. This is the same reason why I went AWOL after the first billboard's media response, and why I declined any interviews or stories. If anybody wants more details, I'd be happy to discuss things in private.

For now, though, the money's Strattocaster's. I might have to transfer it to him tomorrow, because it's in a savings account rather than a checking account. Hang on, I'll go check Paypal to see if I can do it now.

Bails on the billboard. Doesn't need $2000.

I know who to talk to if I need to buy a Lexus in Winston.

RedSox sold out!

Back