• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

I don't see how this shifts the focus from the kids. Doesn't this just add to the narrative that the Trumps don't give a shit about anybody, including (especially?) kids.

They think they can make it about the media.

Right wing spin machine:

"Melania cares so much about the children that she traveled to Texas to visit them, but all the media cares about is her wardrobe. Clearly the Dems don't actually care about the kids, they're just using them for political purposes."

They are always, constantly, the aggrieved party.

If they are lucky they'll get some hot take thinkpieces from mainstream media outlets:

NY Times: "Democrats just lost the Midterms by going after Melania"

If I was in charge of the Democrats messaging, I would leave Melania and the jacket alone. The mess Trump got himself in is horrible and will do enough damage on its own. This was, in all likelihood, an intentional ploy to change the conversation and play the victim. Plus, at the end of the day it's a fucking jacket, and going after a First Lady or a president's kids is never going to win you any points.

Good to see OGB post again. Always remember you as a level headed and very informed conservative. Curious to know where you stand on other recent issues.

Interview with a woman whose husband and 14 month old son crossed the border to request asylum and were separated:

It took her 85 days to get her son back.

Let's not worry about a jacket. Kids are being separated from their parents, drugged, and tortured by the US government. This is not acceptable.

If I was in charge of the Democrats messaging, I would leave Melania and the jacket alone. The mess Trump got himself in is horrible and will do enough damage on its own. This was, in all likelihood, an intentional ploy to change the conversation and play the victim. Plus, at the end of the day it's a fucking jacket, and going after a First Lady or a president's kids is never going to win you any points.

This. Except the exact opposite. The actual separations are just left wing MSM fueled overreactions. The Jacket makes no damn sense.

Who after the 8th grade wears clothing with expressions or thoughts on them as a style choice?

This. Except the exact opposite. The actual separations are just left wing MSM fueled overreactions. The Jacket makes no damn sense.

Outrage over kids sleeping on the ground in cages because their parents (who they may never see again) committed a misdemeanor is overreaction?

yeah a Rolling Stones shirt is the same as some dumbass shit like "I don't really care, do you?"

lol this is why the dems lose the messaging battle every single election cycle. Can't say anything about the jacket, no no no, gotta be so careful not to rustle any jimmies. Pubs do nothing but rustle jimmies and they win lol

Outrage over kids sleeping on the ground in cages because their parents (who they may never see again) committed a misdemeanor is overreaction?

The Rubes just hit back with the dems killing the unborn babies according to my facebook feed. There's no reply to the jacket. "The Trump's dont care about you" ads ya can't deflect.

Last edited:
Jeff Sessions says Trump administration ‘never really intended’ to separate families

tumblr_lk8kvloccq1qdkonj.gif

Back