• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

They refused service to my parents, my wife and me as well, and 3 out of the four of us are liberal as hell. Of course, we were in shorts. Was she in shorts? Maybe it wasn't politically motivated at all. Maybe they just don't want to seat tourist rubes in shorts.

She couldn't have been in shorts. If she had been wearing them, there would have been EMTs treating people for the hysterical blindness she caused.

Anyone who dares to question the leftist groupthink on this board is immediately branded a racist, rube, or piece of shit (or all of the above).

The kids being put in cages is an abhorrent practice. But where was the outrage and the minute by minute breathless coverage by the mainstream media when the same practice occurred under the Obama administration?

Typical BS. If you support a racist, then you are supporting his racist views.

Here's what happened during Obama's years https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488458/obama-immigration-policy-family-separation-border

Things could have been better but there was no policy to intentionally destroy families as a policy.

She couldn't have been in shorts. If she had been wearing them, there would have been EMTs treating people for the hysterical blindness she caused.

latest

Anyone who dares to question the leftist groupthink on this board is immediately branded a racist, rube, or piece of shit (or all of the above).

The kids being put in cages is an abhorrent practice. But where was the outrage and the minute by minute breathless coverage by the mainstream media when the same practice occurred under the Obama administration?

Whataboutism is so much easier when you don't actually have to use facts to justify your whataboutism.

Again- on a thread discussing kids being put in cages, you decide that the only response worthy of a post from you is to talk shit about Rachel Maddow.

Just own the fact that you are an asshole.

Immigrant mother separated from boy : 'I dream of my son'

Her 4-year-old son was asleep as immigration agents insisted on separating the two of them in the early morning before dawn.

"If I had known, I never would have come" to the United States, she said.

The Guatemalan mother said she was led to believe when arrested that her son would be returned to her, wherever she was held. She described the boy as tiny and shy.

She located him at a holding facility in New York. When she asked a social worker to speak with him, she was told the boy was angry and would not talk.

"He thinks you abandoned him," she was told.

We are doing long-term damage to these children.

The 32-year-old Honduran father spoke of the pain of being separated from his 10-year-old daughter and only child as her birthday came and went Monday, without knowing where she was being held.

He was detained May 25 at a fence that marks the U.S.-Mexico border.

He said authorities provided a phone number to seek information about the whereabouts of his daughter but there has been no answer.

"Since they took my daughter, I haven't heard anything," he said, noting that an attorney was assisting him.

Imagine being separated from your 10 year old child for a month and having no idea where she is.

That’s the kinda rube “humor” that goes over so well with the deplorables in places like Alabama or Randleman.

That’s the kinda rube “humor” that goes over so well with the deplorables in places like Alabama or Randleman.

This was in LA. (Talking to a "tough on crime" group.) There are Trumpists everywhere.

I thought denying service based on moral beliefs was kosher?

Also, I’m in favor of making fascists feel as uncomfortable as humanly possible wherever they go.

Also, these neo-fascist Trumpites (Sanders, Miller, Lewandowski, etc.) are the biggest snowflakes in politics.

Are you saying that I ever said that? Because I most certainly have not. I thought the baker should have just baked a cake. If he wants to tie religion to his services, then he needs to make it a Christian only bakery and allow the market to take care of it. I am not in favor of the government mandating he bake the cake, but I certainly would have advised him to do so. In the same way, I am not in favor of the government mandating that the red hen serve Trump staffers, but I think it is poor form not to.

Are you saying that I ever said that? Because I most certainly have not. I thought the baker should have just baked a cake. If he wants to tie religion to his services, then he needs to make it a Christian only bakery and allow the market to take care of it. I am not in favor of the government mandating he bake the cake, but I certainly would have advised him to do so. In the same way, I am not in favor of the government mandating that the red hen serve Trump staffers, but I think it is poor form not to.

I tried to edit this, but for some reason Chrome won't show me the message....

I want to rephrase the statement 'Christian only bakery' to 'Religion only bakery' because I don't think that bible teaches that people are perfect, so if you try to organize a business around the 'faults' that you have determined are unforgiveable you aren't forming a Christian bakery you are forming a religious one. Realized that after I wrote the original.

What's the difference between the government mandating that a business open to the public and protected by public employees must serve gay couples and mandating they serve interracial couples?

Back