• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Yeah it's time to shut this department down.

This could go anywhere, but I'll put it here since it was directly aimed at the protests this weekend.

[h=1]Man arrested after shouting ‘womp, womp’ and pulling a gun on immigration protesters[/h]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mmigration-protesters/?utm_term=.1a64debb5e42

The gathering at a park gazebo in Huntsville, Ala., was by no means the largest of Saturday’s nationwide protests against President Trump’s “zero tolerance” border policies, though it was memorable for other reasons.

It began around noon, as an Episcopal priest delivered a prayer to about 100 protesters gathered around the gazebo and a man marched back and forth in front of her, shouting “womp, womp!”

“Holy and ever-loving God . . .” said the priest, Kerry Holder-Joffrion.

“Womp, womp!” said the man.

“We pray for the children of this nation and all nations . . .”

“WOMP, WOMP!”

The man was parroting former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who had uttered the same sound on Fox News several days earlier during a discussion about migrant children being seized from their parents at the border. Lewandowski’s sarcastic “womp, womp” revolted many people — but also apparently inspired a certain segment of Trump’s supporters, as the people at Big Spring Park were now discovering.

“We offer your love to all of our children . . .” Holder-Joffrion continued.

“Womp, womp!”

This was not the man’s only message. He held a sign above his head on which was written “ICE ICE Baby,” and he occasionally shout-sang the notes of a hip-hop song by the same name over the prayer.

The man had a handgun tucked in his cargo pants, according to police.

After he had disrupted the first half of Holder-Joffrion’s prayer, a few protesters began drifting away from the audience to confront the man. A woman paced backward in front of him, holding her own sign in his face as he marched forward — “Super Callous Racist Fascist Sexist Braggadocious.”

“Where are your ancestors from?” someone asked the man.

“Alabama!” he answered.

Holder-Joffrion felt her stomach tighten but made up her mind to finish the prayer.

“I didn’t open my eyes, so that I could stay focused,” she told The Washington Post. “My voice gained volume as it became more chaotic.”

In fact, she nearly shouted her remaining verses, cheered on by the crowd while the man continued to shout in the background.

“We ask that you give us the strength in the face of the opposition not to hate, but to love,” Holder-Joffrion said, the lines coming to her in the moment.

“Prayer is stronger than hatred!”

It was around this point that the gun came out.

In any case, the weapon came out of the waistband.

“Gun, gun, gun, gun!” someone shouted in video published by WAFF 48 — just as Holder-Joffrion was praying for the nation’s strength.

Panicked shouts drowned her out, and the camera turned from the priest to Sealy, about 15 feet from the gazebo, brandishing what appeared to be a pistol at the crowd.

Most people dropped. “I got down on my face on the other side of the gazebo right here and just cried, I was so in shock,” rally organizer Ava Caldwell told WBTV.

But was anyone denied a farm-to-table meal?

From my Facebook feed.

dazLjD0.png

An accurate version would have a separate little cage for baby Jesus to represent the dozens of little Jesuses locked up in cages right now.

Thread:

Thread:

Fuck. #13 and #14 are heartbreaking.

I get that there are people who look at this entire fiasco and think "well fuck why does the left care so much about non-Americans while "real" Americans are suffering too?"

It's a fair question but I'm sorry, read paragraphs 13 and 14. There is no good reason for that type of inhumane treatment anywhere but especially in the United States. We have our warts but we're better than this.

So argue all you want about helping "real" Americans. I get it and I actually agree with you. But don't defend this inhumane policy.

Last edited:

I get that there are people who look at this entire fiasco and think "well fuck why does the left care so much about non-Americans while "real" Americans are suffering too?"

It's a fair question but I'm sorry, read paragraphs 13 and 14. There is no good reason for that type of inhumane treatment anywhere but especially in the United States. We have our warts but we're better than this.

So argue all you want about helping "real" Americans. I get it and I actually agree with you. But don't defend this inhumane policy.

For what it’s worth, Republicans and establishment Democrats don’t typically care much about the suffering of “real Americans,” either.

For what it’s worth, Republicans and establishment Democrats don’t typically care much about the suffering of “real Americans,” either.

Agreed. Which is a travesty as well.

But this doesn't need to be an "either-or" situation.

We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Posted those quotes on my facebook and my dumbfuck sister in Northern KY responds:
94d49c7572ad361ddc87bd885ba85ce4.jpg

I’m willing to bet she has no idea that most did come legally.

Also Trump supporters seem to think we let people know their children would be taken from them if they sought asylum. That’s not true at all.

Back