• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite beach activity

Here's what I like; your mileage may vary:

taking the dog out to play first thing in the morning
digging holes/castles for the kids to play in as the tide comes in
drinking beer
reading
walking
getting up to swim and pee in the ocean every couple of hours
bocce
nap

I was at Wrightsville Beach last weekend. We were having a good time, hanging under an umbrella, when I was awoken from a nap by a gaggle of middle aged d-bags who camped out next to us with a boom box that was playing the shittiest music ever. Like, a playlist of Shania Twain and a bunch of other women pop Top-40 singers. After tolerating it for about an hour (mostly by angling my body so that the wind would rush past my ears so that I could barely hear it), we finally broke down and moved all of our shit further down the beach where they were out of earshot.

The moral of the story is that if you're going to roll out on the beach with music, for the love of God, man, either keep it turned low or make sure you are coming strong with good stuff, preferrably the former.

To the original poster, I could read on the beach all day if I have an umbrella to hide under. I can do the sunscreen thing, but that's tough after a few hours. I have to reapply constantly to avoid a burn. I have no idea how Rubbins and I survived at the beach all summer without an umbrella. When I have skin cancer down the road, we will know why.

To the original poster, I could read on the beach all day if I have an umbrella to hide under. I can do the sunscreen thing, but that's tough after a few hours. I have to reapply constantly to avoid a burn. I have no idea how Rubbins and I survived at the beach all summer without an umbrella. When I have skin cancer down the road, we will know why.

Yep, I used to make fun of my mom for bringing an umbrella, but I've actually come to like it. It's key for keeping the cooler etc. cool, and for reading under when you don't want to get really hot really quickly.

gos, i love playing with my dog on the ebach. he actually will get in the atlantic now, and he rides the waves back in. he's so MONTE.

We spend as much time on the beach as we can.

Surf fishing
Longboarding
Sitting under an umbrella with a drink
Digging holes with the kids
Playing paddle ball with the wife
Throwing Frisbee

Last year I came up with what I call wet sand spa treatments. What you do is build a "sand lounge" right at the waters edge, sit in it in face up and then drizzle wet sand over your body. Even better if someone else does it. May sound kooky but it is freaking heaven.

Yes, this is integral to any beach-going.

We taught my son how to pee in the ocean a couple of weeks ago and he got the hang of it pretty quick. So we were about to head in and he said he needed to go pee in the ocean. I said okay. I turn around and he has his trunks around his knees taking a piss in 8 inches of water. Retraining of the three-year old occurred soon thereafter.

When I taught preschool within the first week or two of school on the playground, I would always catch some kid that would drop trou and start to pee. Damn parents teaching their kids to pee outside.

I have got to tell you guys about my favorite beach experience.

So me, dented, and two other fools were in Jacksonville for the ACC Champ Game back in 06. We were staying at one of the other dude's grandparents house. Well we all went out to the bar. One of the dudes was so drunk that he ran out of the bar screaming and then threw up on a motorcycle. Dented and the other dude took him back because the 3rd dude was also totally wasted and Dented was having some serious gastro intestinal issues.

Well this left bullets alone to do what bullets does. I started mixing it up on the dance floor and I got the eye of a BBW who was at the bar. She showed me her tatties and I loved them. We got to talking about her 3 children. She seemed like such a great mom. Her daughters are going to be great hoodrats someday.

This lady is clearly interested in what bullets has to offer so we head back to her car and drive back to the house I am staying at. We smoked some ganja in this lady's Isuzu Rodeo. Then we decided to have a little rodeo of our own.

We walked out on the beach in front of the house and after trading oral favors, bullets mounted up. I rode that horse for 30 minutes before I shared my soul with her on her back. She seemed satisfied enough.

I was awoken the next morning on the coach downstairs by the dude's grandma who immediately told me to cover up with a blanket. Turns out my dong was hanging out of my briefs. If only she had known what went down on her beach just 6 hours earlier.

Building sandcastles and throwing the football ftw.

Also, hillbilly golf

Matt's at the beach right now. I am jealous.

I love reading, swimming, body surfing, tanning, drinking, picnicing, basically if it's on the beach, I am happy.

The moral of the story is that if you're going to roll out on the beach with music, for the love of God, man, either keep it turned low or make sure you are coming strong with good stuff, preferrably the former.

Agreed, if people can hear the music from more than 10 ft away, its too loud.

Back