• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Hot Dog Spots

WakeBDer

Broderick Hicks
Reaction score
Hi friends,
I'm doing a bit of research for an upcoming project/trip and wanted to pick your brains on hot dogs, wieners, tube steaks, red hots, frankfurters, etc.

Where are your favorite spots to grab a hot dog? Doesn't matter where you live, I'd love to gather your suggestions. They don't have to be standard hot dog places. For instance, I know many BBQ joints also sell a good dog.

Feel free to dive into favorite toppings, brands, preferences while we're at it.

Apologies in advance to the weightloss accountability thread.

My favorite, but maybe not the best, is Dairi-o.

Give me the old-school, all-the-way dogs at Shorty's (Wake Forest) and Yum Yum (Greensboro).

lips-and-assholes-o.gif

Trolly Stop in WB.

I've never had it sober, but the hot dog cart on Trade Street has the best Chili I have ever had in my life.

Both are really good. My buddy is the reason roast grill has the hotdog contest.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What the hell is going on with Chicago dogs? Just terrible.

Levis Hot dog, with Champ Cherry soda. The original in South Philly closed, but there's one in Abington that serves the real deal.

City Dogs in Richmond. Easy order is one classic Chicago Vienna and one Santa Fe (salsa, cheese, jalapenos, guac, and tortilla chips).

And open late night and decent rotating beers.

Great suggestions all.

My favorite in Winston is PB's. That buttery toasted bun is :drool:

Of the ones listed, I've been fortunate to visit Dairi-O, The Roast Grill, Yum Yum's, Cloos', Nick Tahou, JD's (hot dog cart on Trade), and Pulliams. Most of Central NC is covered but I still need to hit up the great places on the Coast and in the Western part of the state.

Guy Fieri just came to NC and visited a hot dog place. It was JJ Red Hots in Charlotte. Incidentally it's the worst place to eat in Charlotte but still the best hot dog in the state.

Hot Dog World makes a really good standard dog in Hendersonville, NC. We usually hit this place on the way up to Sliding Rock with the nieces.

If you come down to SC, Ike's Korner grill makes a bitchin' dog in Spartanburg.

Back