• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Hot Dog Spots

Hot Dog World makes a really good standard dog in Hendersonville, NC. We usually hit this place on the way up to Sliding Rock with the nieces.

If you come down to SC, Ike's Korner grill makes a bitchin' dog in Spartanburg.

Lived in Sparkle City 20 years ago and Ike's was the best place for a burger. Never had a dog bc the burgers were so good...

Still in that old house in the textile village on the west side I believe????

Bill's Hot Dogs in Washington, NC

I could probably eat 4 or 5 of those in one sitting if I wanted to

Great suggestions all.

My favorite in Winston is PB's. That buttery toasted bun is :drool:

Of the ones listed, I've been fortunate to visit Dairi-O, The Roast Grill, Yum Yum's, Cloos', Nick Tahou, JD's (hot dog cart on Trade), and Pulliams. Most of Central NC is covered but I still need to hit up the great places on the Coast and in the Western part of the state.

The Dog House in High Point is pretty good. The physical spot reminds me of Shorty's.

Last edited:
JJ red hot = dilworth!! Near my old house but I never went. Shocked it's lasted in that location, nothing seemed to stay there very long.

Lived in Sparkle City 20 years ago and Ike's was the best place for a burger. Never had a dog bc the burgers were so good...

Still in that old house in the textile village on the west side I believe????

Its still sitting there in the old Beaumont mill village but its on the east side.

Did you ever try TNT Hot Wings while you were here? But that's a whole other subject!

Great suggestions all.

My favorite in Winston is PB's. That buttery toasted bun is :drool:

Of the ones listed, I've been fortunate to visit Dairi-O, The Roast Grill, Yum Yum's, Cloos', Nick Tahou, JD's (hot dog cart on Trade), and Pulliams. Most of Central NC is covered but I still need to hit up the great places on the Coast and in the Western part of the state.

Can't believe it took 18 posts for a PB's mention. Hands down the best hot dog I've had in W-S

Other eastern NC notables. I've been to each of these places just once

Dick's in Wilson
Melvin's in Elizabethtown
Paul's Place in Rocky Point

I always went burger at Melvin's. The most popular hot dog place in DC is Ben's Chili Bowl, the (still) proud owner of this mural:

african-american-heroes-in-a-mural-on-bens-chili-bowl-u-street-area-DXR8H3.jpg

Just so I can mention one in NC - I'll give a shout-out to Ward's Grill in Whiteville. Get in line early, they tend to close up by 12:30, latest by 1.

You all are awesome. I'm compiling a great list.

Of the additional ones mentioned so far, I've already made stops at: Skippy's (RIP, for now), The Dog House (High Point), Ben's Chili Bowl (Reagan Airport location), Dick's in Wilson, JJ's Red Hots, and Green's Lunch.

My plan for a beach trip in May currently includes hitting up: Bill's in Washington, Sup Dogs in Greenville, Ma's in Kinston, Trolly Stop in WB, and Charlie Grainger's in Wilmington.

Back