• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FBI tapping all Verizon calls

Sorry for lack of comment, am on phone, just scary stuff

Not surprising. If there's no one to check your power, you're going to abuse it.

I knew this 4G scam had a purpose. Drone strike imminent...sorry neighbors.

Last edited:
Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

Just like Republicans are full of shit when they talk about fiscal conservativeism so are Democrats when they talk about civil liberties. Fucking hypocrites...all of them.

I am stunned, I tell you....stunned. I wonder if anyone will drop Verizon as their provider over this. Also, does anyone think that they only did this with Verizon and not Sprint, AT&T, etc?

Collecting the call records isn't the same as tapping.

Not that it isn't insidious and disgusting on its on merits, but in telecommunications "tapping" has a different connotation.

It's disgusting but it's all part of the Patriot Act which a mostly bi-partisaned House and Senate passed and Bush signed into law. Note that the bulk of "nays" in the House were Democrats as was the lone Senate "nay."

Guess you missed the "bi-partisaned" part. It's okay- I know "reading" and "Mississippi" don't go together. :werd:

Your post is clearly blaming the republicans. Although you say bipartisan at one point you then go on to point out how democrats were the only real no votes.

Who put the law in place is irrelevant. If anyone in Washington actually cared about liberty they would put a stop to this crap. Instead they just do what the monied lobbies tell them.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

Just like Republicans are full of shit when they talk about fiscal conservativeism so are Democrats when they talk about civil liberties. Fucking hypocrites...all of them.

Welcome to Washington.

Not that it isn't insidious and disgusting on its on merits, but in telecommunications "tapping" has a different connotation.

It's disgusting but it's all part of the Patriot Act which a mostly bi-partisaned House and Senate passed and Bush signed into law. Note that the bulk of "nays" in the House were Democrats as was the lone Senate "nay."

Huh. I wasn't aware the Patriot Act *required* the executive to gather this kind of information.

Hack.

Your post is clearly blaming the republicans. Although you say bipartisan at one point you then go on to point out how democrats were the only real no votes.

Who put the law in place is irrelevant. If anyone in Washington actually cared about liberty they would put a stop to this crap. Instead they just do what the monied lobbies tell them.

The clear thing about my post is the *fact* that the goddamned vote was bi-partisaned. Here's the vote breakdown for the House:

Republicans: 211 Y 3 N 5 NV
Democrats: 145 Y 62N 4 NV
Independents: 1 Y 1 N

That's bi-partisaned. So the only clear part about all this is your knee-jerk response which is, as we can see, off-base. And again, the facts show that there is quite obviously a higher percentage of Democrats voting against the Patriot Act. If you want to call that "blame," feel free. Doesn't change the facts.

And "who" put the law in place is completely relevant because it was bi-partisaned. BOTH parties are to blame for this bullshit. And this Verizon issue comes DIRECTLY from the Patriot Act- which, and I'll say this now for the 4th time- was a bi-partisaned pile of steaming shit.

Sigh.

I guess I have to spell this out: So your position is that Obama is not at fault because Patriot *requires* him to gather this kind of information?

Last edited:
Sigh.

I guess I have to spell this out: So your position is that Obama is not at fault because Patriot *requires* him to gather this kind of information?

Pay attention. Obama is UTTERLY AT FAULT. This administration is just as full of shit as any other administration who has used or will use this worthless legislation to infringe on Americans' privacy. And also to blame is any politician who voted for the PA. And all the goddamned judges who make the legal interpretations which permit any administration to indiscriminately gather innocent Americans' records. Follow along.

And tapping phones isn't the same as blowing American citizens up with a Hellfire missile. What was your next point?

And tapping phones isn't the same as blowing American citizens up with a Hellfire missile. What was your next point?

WTF are you talking about? Missles? Blowing up? What the fuck does this have to do with this thread??

There have also been bi-partisan extensions and renewals signed into law by Obama.

Back