• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FBI tapping all Verizon calls

Friedersdorf again. This guy has been posting like mad today, this deal is all up in his civil libertarian wheelhouse. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/06/secrecy-undermines-the-ability-of-congress-to-function-as-the-framers-intended/276641/

"This gave me a thought. Congress cannot act as a check on the executive branch in the way the Framers intended when hugely consequential policies it is overseeing are treated as state secrets. The Senate, intended as a deliberative body, cannot deliberate when only the folks on the right committees are fully briefed, and the Ron Wyden types among them think what's happening is horribly wrong, but can't tell anyone why because it's illegal just to air the basic facts.

Our senators have literally been reduced to giving dark hints."

George-W.-Bush-My-Pet-Goat.jpg

Well at least we know where Bush was and what he did for the rest of the day. We still don't know what Obama was doing on 09/11/2012.

Well at least we know where Bush was and what he did for the rest of the day. We still don't know what Obama was doing on 09/11/2012.

13 Attacks on Embassies/Consulates under Bush with nearly 100 killed. No uproar.
1 Attack on an Embassy under Obama with 4 killed. Uproar.

13 Attacks on Embassies/Consulates under Bush with nearly 100 killed. No uproar.

Juxtapose with 89's lack of response to your post?

How many times did bush lie to the american people and say they were not terrorist attacks? I really don't know, he might have, but I'm just curious.

How many times did bush lie to the american people and say they were not terrorist attacks? I really don't know, he might have, but I'm just curious.

Graduate of the Glenn Beck School of Journalism?

Obama said it was a terrorist attack the next afternoon in the Rose Garden, but don't taped evidence get in the way.

This is why Republicans are losing...rapidly.

No, Hulka has it right. Why did Obama feel the need to lie? He knew it was a lie...his top spy told him within minutes that it was a terrorist attack. Nobody forced him to make up a bunch of bullshit...he did it on his own.

Thats the difference and it is key

I wasn't commenting on whether it's right or wrong but rather that chasing your tails with your hands thrown up aghast at everything is not attractive to voters.

I don't get why anybody is surprised. As far back as Feb. 2000, 60 Minutes did a segment on the Echelon project. This was as obtrusive as what this is talking about.

What has happened is the natural progression of a process that started about 40-50 years ago.

The scariest part about this is the number of people who have secret clearance and if Snowden is telling the truth about what he had access to.

What else he has with him in China is also very scary. He's lucky he's Israeli. They would have killed him already.

Do people really think this practice hasn't been going on for over 20 years?

He's lucky he's Israeli. They would have killed him already.

SEND IN THE DRONES!!!

No, he's lucky he's American and still somewhat free...and we're lucky that he was brave enough to stand up to protect what's left of that freedom.

Do people really think this practice hasn't been going on for over 20 years?

This practice wasn't even close to possible over 20 years ago. But keep throwing strawmen out there as your justification for claiming this guy is a traitor.

Back