• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

February 4th

Who came up with the part of the plan that included Knight getting fired for assaulting an Indiana student?

He set it up by calling Reverend Robert simply by his last name "Hey, Knight!" All I know is that for all his protestations here, as bkf sees the world, Bobby Knight > Carl Tacy.

You don't understand at all. Everyone knew how much I hated Carolina. It was legendary in my community. You should know by now that I don't hide my feelings. Remember, I was the guy who was so upset 10 years earlier at the 101-100 OT "scoreboard" game with Carolina in the ACC Tournament that I left the Greensboro Coliseum as soon as the game was over and walked 13 miles. So the fact that I would wear a Carolina sweatshirt to that game was the strongest possible way to show how furious I was with WF about the Carl Tacy resignation.

Maybe your "community" saw it that way but everyone else just saw another asshole in a Carolina sweatshirt. So, if that's what you were going for, good job.

Not at all. That's his name....and Dick Vitale says it in a complimentary way. "Bobby", on the other hand, is used in a disrespectful way as a kind of childish slur.

I noticed in watching the Youtube of the 87 game against Cuse that Packer kept referring to Knight as Bobby. Couldn't help but think about your diatribes on the subject.

hB4C1C7EE

Before BKF went full-on king troll, he was way less into himself. "Legendary in your community?" Lay off the hyperbole, Benedict, and lay into some humble pie!

You don't understand at all. Everyone knew how much I hated Carolina. It was legendary in my community. You should know by now that I don't hide my feelings. Remember, I was the guy who was so upset 10 years earlier at the 101-100 OT "scoreboard" game with Carolina in the ACC Tournament that I left the Greensboro Coliseum as soon as the game was over and walked 13 miles. So the fact that I would wear a Carolina sweatshirt to that game was the strongest possible way to show how furious I was with WF about the Carl Tacy resignation.

OH SHIT.

YOU SURE SHOWED THEM!!!!111! They'll never make the mistake of doing something you don't like ever again I bet! You are such an inspiration to fucking whack jobs everywhere.

Now go pray to your Bobby Knight shrine, weirdo.

Anyone who knew me at all knew that I was not a Carolina fan....and were shocked at seeing me in that Carolina sweatshirt....which was the point I was trying to make. I don't see how that is so hard to understand for all you geniuses who graduated from Wake Forest.

You are clearly a smart guy for thinking people gave that much of a shit about you wearing a sweatshirt.

Well, I had to throw that one in there since it was such a significant event in my life. I thought about adding a disclaimer, because I felt certain that I get at least one response about it.

Patti Hearst was abducted in 1974; Stars n Stripes regained the Americas Cup off Freemantle in 1987; and Peyton Manning won the Super Bowl in 2007.....all on February 4th, as well, in other non-WF events. (Of course, Jim Caldwell was an assistant coach on that Colts team, so I guess there was a WF connection in that one.)

The hottest fugitive in U.S. history! And shes still a fine-looking older woman.

Remember, I was the guy who was so upset 10 years earlier at the 101-100 OT "scoreboard" game with Carolina in the ACC Tournament that I left the Greensboro Coliseum as soon as the game was over and walked 13 miles.

A good thread topic would be: What was your worst reaction to a Deacon loss?

I didn't handle the 1994 ACC Tournament loss to UNC too well. Had 3 beers (passenger) in stadium parking lot traffic to start the night, then got so hammered I proposed to an ex-girlfriend at Providence Road Sundries, was found about an hour later by friends passed out next to the dumpster at PRS, and then threw up out of my friend's girlfriend's car while going 40-50 mph down Providence Road on the way to our hotel. Fuck you Jerry Stackhouse!

Some interesting February 4ths in WF history:

FEB 04 - 1961 WF 78, Maryland 69 @W-S; WF 33-32 @half; Chappell 28 pts; #4 Duke beat #5 UNC 81-77 @Duke; Heyman/Brown brawl @0:09
FEB 04 - 1964 WF beat SC 92-79 @W-S after trailing 35-32 @half; 1st game after exams; Watts 19, Hassell 17, Leonard 16, Christie 14, Carmichael 13
FEB 04 - 1965 Erskine Caldwell spoke @Wait Chapel tonight
FEB 04 - 1967 South Carolina 77, WF 60 Saturday night game @Memorial Coliseum; 1st ever win for SC in W-S; SC 33-22 @half; Paul Long 16 pts
FEB 04 - 1976 WF 89, Duke 87 game @Memorial Coliseum; Jerry Schellenburg hit jumper at 0:03; Skip Brown 25 points, Rod Griffin 17 points
FEB 04 - 1978 WF 74-62 win over Virginia @Memorial Coliseum; Frank Johnson 19 pts, Rod Griffin & Leroy McDonald 16 each, Larry Harrison had 11
FEB 04 - 1981 #8 WF beat #13 Maryland 67-60 @Memorial Coliseum; WF 17-2; Wake led 32-30 @half & led only 56-55 with 3:30 to play
FEB 04 - 2008 Bob Knight resigned as Texas Tech coach @age 67, ending his career with 902 total NCAA wins
FEB 04 - 2009 Saw WF lose by 27 @Miami & Duke lose by 27 @Clemson

Other than 1981 none of these seem all that interesting. Seems more like a roundabout way for you to post about Bobby "chokehold" Knight and James "calling him a thug doesn't make me racist" Johnson.

So you would support me wearing a Duke sweatshirt when they come to the Joel later this year as some sort of ironic protest against the AD destroying a once proud program?

So you would support me wearing a Duke sweatshirt when they come to the Joel later this year as some sort of ironic protest against the AD destroying a once proud program?

It would depend on how legendary you are in your community.

Back