• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

February 4th

Can we start a new board and not tell BKF the web address?

BUT BUT BUT ACTUALLY BKF isn't a fan of Randleman hero Richard Petty and liked Waltrip and now likes KYLE KING TROLL OF RACING BUSCH

It's Tuesday, that's all that needs to be said.

LOL. What you have to understand is that Randleman only has about 4,000 people....maybe less than that. I've lived here all my life. Was on the City Board for 18 years. In the Lions Club for 30 years. Ran a business with 35 employees on main street right in the middle of town for 20 years. (Which was also a Deacon Club scholarship sponsor.) I had Skip Brown bring a team of former WF players down to Randleman High School in April, 1978 to play a fundraiser game for the Lions Club & City Recreation Department. I was the first person from my high school to go to Wake Forest...and had established my hatred for Carolina going all the way back to the 5th grade, when I pulled for Yale, Canisius, Syracuse, Mich State & Kansas against them in their NCAA Championship tournament run. Nobody is my community despised Carolina more than I did. I promise you that when you asked anyone in that town who the first person he thought of in that town when you mentioned the word "Wake Forest" it would be me. That's just the way it was.

So all 4,000 people in Randleman were at the game where you wore the UNC sweatshirt, and they all knew the deep meaning and profound protest you were making by wearing said sweatshirt on that legendary October day in 1985? If not, you were just another asshole in a UNC sweatshirt and they are everywhere.

It's ironic that what I am about to tell that happened this morning came so soon after this thread, but anyway....

Every month, I go into the North State Telephone office on main street to drop off my monthly telephone bill. I'm usually in & out within 15 seconds, because I never get a receipt. This morning, though, as I turned to walk out after laying the check & statement on the counter, one of the girls in the office called out for me to wait a second...that she had something for me. Then she came out with 4 nice, heavy-duty plastic reusuable 22-ounce Wake Forest cups. I don't know where she got them. Her husband is the chief of police, so some salesman either left them at the police department or at the telephone office, most likely. Maybe you have seen them. It's a white 22-ounce plastic cup with a nice black, gold & white vinyl wrap-around mural showing athletes from all WF sports teams...men & women, with "Wake Forest" in bold letters around the cup. BB&T is written in large letters at the top of the cup. There is a circular "Proud To Be a Deacon" decal on it, along with "www.wakeforestsports.com" & a telephone number to call for tickets. At the bottom, four sponsors are listed: Pepsi, Jersey Mike's Subs, Graphic Visual Solutions & Deacon Tower Grille. I noticed on the bottom of the cup that they were made by Technimark, Inc in Asheboro, NC.

What was ironic about this, though, was what she said when she handed me the cups: "I've had these things on my desk for a couple of weeks now, waiting for the next time you stopped by. You're the only Wake Forest fan in town."

Can you just start a blog and leave the rest of us alone?

It's ironic that what I am about to tell that happened this morning came so soon after this thread, but anyway....

Every month, I go into the North State Telephone office on main street to drop off my monthly telephone bill. I'm usually in & out within 15 seconds, because I never get a receipt. This morning, though, as I turned to walk out after laying the check & statement on the counter, one of the girls in the office called out for me to wait a second...that she had something for me. Then she came out with 4 nice, heavy-duty plastic reusuable 22-ounce Wake Forest cups. I don't know where she got them. Her husband is the chief of police, so some salesman either left them at the police department or at the telephone office, most likely. Maybe you have seen them. It's a white 22-ounce plastic cup with a nice black, gold & white vinyl wrap-around mural showing athletes from all WF sports teams...men & women, with "Wake Forest" in bold letters around the cup. BB&T is written in large letters at the top of the cup. There is a circular "Proud To Be a Deacon" decal on it, along with "www.wakeforestsports.com" & a telephone number to call for tickets. At the bottom, four sponsors are listed: Pepsi, Jersey Mike's Subs, Graphic Visual Solutions & Deacon Tower Grille. I noticed on the bottom of the cup that they were made by Technimark, Inc in Asheboro, NC.

What was ironic about this, though, was what she said when she handed me the cups: "I've had these things on my desk for a couple of weeks now, waiting for the next time you stopped by. You're the only Wake Forest fan in town."

Thank goodness you keep a diary - Future generations are going to be clamoring for tales like these.

You got me. I read that whole wall of text before realizing it was you. Normally, I skip over your posts when I see your avatar of that screaming mad man Bobby Knight on the left side of the screen. But you changed your avatar to a baseball. You rascal.

hCC1C1B77

Wait, bkf drives to the telephone company office and drops off his bill ? Who does that?

I could walk to it. It's less than 100 yards from my house....just up the street from where I live....and it's right on the way if I'm going to the post office, bank, city hall or the fire department (one of my hangouts). Randleman is a small town. Things are very "laid-back" here....which is just the way I like it. You can have the big cities.

lolololol this is awesome

There is nothing firemen like more than some senile, geriatric clown coming to visit them every single day.

Back