• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

February 9th. Winter is.... ...nope, must have been the AC.

I'm getting them directly from the host site... I can inverse them but it takes photoshopping so the text isn't mirrored.

ah, i don't really care. you're already doing more than enough in the bzzzzout effort. keep up the good work!

based on those hits, its time for you to start selling ad space

Are those supposed to be user-specific page views? I have a really hard time believing that over 100k unique people viewed the site on the same day. That's likely more than all Wake Forest fans in existence.

Are those supposed to be user-specific page views? I have a really hard time believing that over 100k unique people viewed the site on the same day. That's likely more than all Wake Forest fans in existence.

My guess is the site has been linked in numerous articles on ESPN.com, Yahoo, etc which might account for the number.

VT IMHO, You have done a yeoman's job with your website etc. I am one of the ol' farts who reside out of state but been a Wake fan almost 50 years. After the Staak fiasco in the 80's one would have never thought this would happen again.

I have always felt the majority of the pressure should be placed on RW since if he is canned the others will follow, including Grobe. One more year of sub par performance and he should be sent packing.

I do feel along with ACC that the $$$ should be withheld. In my conversations with DC members, most are extremely upset with the current state of affairs. Whether this will result in change remains to be seen as many are withholding contributions or have reduced their level of generosity. I do know that if nothing is done soon, @ some point all hell may break loose!

Thanks again for your leadership...

Are those page views or page visits?

Based on the data I can see, I think that is counting each page view (not site visit) as 1. I can see which links/sites are directing traffic to each page; about 400,000 of the page requests are coming through FireBz.com itself so I assume that's people clicking through once they're on the site.

The unique-view traffic (damn, feels spiffy using terms like that) is being driven heavily from the links on media websites... so, the #'s aren't really too much of a derivative of the WF fanbase.

As I said on the site thread earlier today, I have never created/managed a website before... so this is all new territory for me.

xVyoSl.jpg

Last edited:

And then some

We can thank Scout.com- WF Sports Forum for 716 visits.

Another fun one: 712 clicks have come through the Wake Forest Sports Facebook page comment sections... as some here can attest, FireBz.com has been blacklisted there & links to it are deleted as soon as they are seen (on the premise that the "site contains profanity")... I actually take a lot of pride in this # because it feels like each uptick is sticking it to the man.

VT IMHO, You have done a yeoman's job with your website etc. I am one of the ol' farts who reside out of state but been a Wake fan almost 50 years. After the Staak fiasco in the 80's one would have never thought this would happen again.

I have always felt the majority of the pressure should be placed on RW since if he is canned the others will follow, including Grobe. One more year of sub par performance and he should be sent packing.

I do feel along with ACC that the $$$ should be withheld. In my conversations with DC members, most are extremely upset with the current state of affairs. Whether this will result in change remains to be seen as many are withholding contributions or have reduced their level of generosity. I do know that if nothing is done soon, @ some point all hell may break loose!

Thanks again for your leadership...

Appreciate the comments.

WakeBder made an extremely strong point yesterday regarding the number of people who care enough protest versus the # who could do so without personal risks. With such a small school, its only logical that a greater percentage of the fan-base would have bridges to the Athletic Department that they don't want to burn.

I'm in a very small percentage of WF supporters who could take the actions I have without risking an irrational amount... I'm happy to step up to the plate for those who are figuratively hand-cuffed in the whole deal; I can tell you that from the feedback I've received... I'm serving at the pleasure of a lot of silent figures who have not taken any public stance on #BuzzIn vs #BuzzOut and never will.

I'm not trying to argue here but you made my point in your earlier post when you refereced not making Deacon Club contributions. If you are not a Deacon Club contributor, season ticket holder or a contributor to the university you are not at the top of the "let's listen to these guys" list.

Hell, the "protesters" are creating more Bz supporters than they are creating Bzouters. Looks to me like a few of the "protesters" are more interested in getting attention for themselves than they are in winning games.

FWIW, I was a season ticket holder for 10 years before I did not renew for [Redacted]'s second season. I am still a low level Deacon Club contributor, but if [Redacted] is not fired after this season, I'm going to designate my contribution to a specific sport like tennis or soccer.

We can thank Scout.com- WF Sports Forum for 716 visits.

Another fun one: 712 clicks have come through the Wake Forest Sports Facebook page comment sections... as some here can attest, FireBz.com has been blacklisted there & links to it are deleted as soon as they are seen (on the premise that the "site contains profanity")... I actually take a lot of pride in this # because it feels like each uptick is sticking it to the man.

Interesting stuff

Back