• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

February 9th. Winter is.... ...nope, must have been the AC.

Best place for a serious protest was never a nationally televised game. That's old media. Go do a sit in at Wellman's office, document it on twitter and YouTube. That's what you need to do

Sit ins are older than ESPN.

So do you think we should have gone and done the chants anyway today? With the score what it was and all?

Yeah, I hyped it up and it blew up in my face, I hold my hands up on that one. But it was a no-win situation. We chant anti-Bz and anti-Wellman things and we look ridiculous, we don't and we look cowardly. With FSU pulling a Wake on the road, it was a lost cause, sadly.

Some advice:

Wake could come out on fire on the court or you could upset the nice old couple behind you; you need to know going into this thing that what you're doing is right. Good luck everyone & Go Deacs!

Oh man. Now I'm nervous. I care so very much about what people think about me! Especially strangers!

bz-double-facepalm-l.gif

Preposterous scenario.

Oh, and I've said it many times over. I love Manchester United more than I love Wake Forest basketball. Much more.

There, that should stir up some hate. Have fun boys!

will do

Are the handful who showed up (and those of us who wound up sitting near by the luck of the draw) really at fault for the rest who didn't show? Every poll is widely BuzzOut, but few do anything about it. At least these guys gave an effort. If you support the movement and the in-game protesting, but think that it has yet to be creative, what are your ideas? Do you have a good chant or slogan that we can use? Do you have a good poster/banner/flyer design that works better than what has been used to date? I'm certain that I speak for the rest when I say that we'd love to have the out of town posters show their support in that manner.

Right. If people want to chew other buzzout fans out, start with me. I brewed a goddamn cream ale today instead of going to the protest. What the fuck could be less committed thatn that?

I feel like the capacity to reach a critical mass for an effective protest needs to be considered. I can think of probably 20 people who would certainly be more active in Bzzzout events but most of us are Wake employees or have other significant ties to Wake outside of being alums. We've agreed that actively participating in campaigning to get another University employee fired isn't terribly career smart. Between the old people who are still BuzzIn, the casual local fans, and the WFU employees I wonder the what the maximum number of people who'll ever be active protesters. Just a thought. The shirts and stats were my favorite part today.

Preposterous scenario.

Oh, and I've said it many times over. I love Manchester United more than I love Wake Forest basketball. Much more.

There, that should stir up some hate. Have fun boys!

images

So do you think we should have gone and done the chants anyway today? With the score what it was and all?

Yeah, I hyped it up and it blew up in my face, I hold my hands up on that one. But it was a no-win situation. We chant anti-Bz and anti-Wellman things and we look ridiculous, we don't and we look cowardly. With FSU pulling a Wake on the road, it was a lost cause, sadly.

You made the right call to hold off on the chants. First time we have put a team away, I think it would have been poorly received.

Right. If people want to chew other buzzout fans out, start with me. I brewed a goddamn cream ale today instead of going to the protest. What the fuck could be less committed thatn that?

Whoa whoa. Homebrewing is way more important than sitting around not protesting at a game. That "protest" will bring you nothing in 6-8 weeks but brewing brings you two cases of delicious beer.

Eta: i commend the notion of protesting the abortion our program has become. Brewing is just far more productive.

Last edited:
deaconbrad knows a lot about disappointment, or at least his family does.

Between this and the 'strength and conditioning' meetings we've had a lot of flops here lately. Yesterday wasn't really a flop since they got the sign in, but it was overhyped.

Excellent job VTwhat for starting the movement with an interview and #BuzzOut sign in the lower rows, and then with the website. Good job DV7, Nonny and others for bringing in the sign and passing out fliers.

I will be in Winston for the GT/Miami games so I am down for rolling the Manchester building after a loss (probably Miami) with #BuzzOut spelled out in toilet paper and fliers taped to the building.

In the midst of the rant, the guy made some very valid points.

His comments were directed at Dino, but they were for RW's ears. He did well.

The problem here is that RW IS the problem.

And for those criticizing the protest yesterday, they way I see it there are two possibilities:

1. You are BuzzIn, and you disagree with what they are trying to do. Fair enough.

2. You are BuzzOut, so you agree with what they are trying to do. If that's the case, perhaps you'd be better off looking in the mirror and thinking about what you're doing to effect the change you want to see. These guys made more of an effort than you did, so what do you have to criticize?

The problem here is that RW IS the problem.

And for those criticizing the protest yesterday, they way I see it there are two possibilities:

1. You are BuzzIn, and you disagree with what they are trying to do. Fair enough.

2. You are BuzzOut, so you agree with what they are trying to do. If that's the case, perhaps you'd be better off looking in the mirror and thinking about what you're doing to effect the change you want to see. These guys made more of an effort than you did, so what do you have to criticize?[/QUOTE

Or 3. You think Bz needs to be replaced but the protest leaders are beyond stupid in the way they are trying to do it.

ACCOffice, I think DV7 is open to suggestions you have.

o
ACCOffice, I think DV7 is open to suggestions you have.

Suggestions:

1. email or phone call to RW, Hatch, your Deacon Club contact.
2. Don't renew season tickets (with explanation)
3. Stop Deacon Club donations.

I would hope the protest leaders would have some relationship with Deacon Club, athletic administration or university administration. I've become concerned that they don't because if they did they would know the following:

No matter how important we think we are, we are considered a very small sample of Wake Forest donors and season ticket holders.

That the few in the administration who are aware of the "board protest" feel that if Wake were to respond to this type of protest would be worse than keeping Bz through next year. Fortunately, I still believe in the absence of five more wins Bz will not be back.

Another item for consideration is the relationship between Bz, this years freshmen class, next years incoming class and Shelton Mitchell. There is a good relationship between Bz and these players. I, for one, feel this would be a bad solitary reason for keeping Bz. We used that as the reason on our last hire and it didn't work out to well.

If you think this "protest" is helpful in getting Bz out quicker you are really naive.

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

The idea that RW and Hatch give a flying shit about our emails and phone calls is flat out laughable. Ditto with DC donations, since most of us here are small potatoes in that aspect. The Wellman administration has basically sequestered itself from fan communication, which is why protests have become necessary to begin with.

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

The idea that RW and Hatch give a flying shit about our emails is flat out laughable. Ditto with DC donations, since most of us here are small potatoes in that aspect.

I've been paying a lot of attention. Three dipsticks who look like they are at a funeral holding a sign may not be quite as effective as you think.

You're not hearing me claim yesterday's protest was a rousing success, because it wasn't.

But come on. Phone calls and emails to an administration that doesn't care about the fans? Stopping DC donations that don't amount to much anyway and support other programs? That's weak, Office.

I'll give you season ticket non-renewals.

Back